Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
firaga vs. flare
Question 
I could be wrong but firaga seems to be a superior spell to flare.
It's a lvl lower does d8s instead of d6s has a 30ft. Range instead of the 20ft. Of flare. I know flare inflicts the burning status but is that worth being a spell level higher?
I'd like my fellow players opinions maybe I'm missing something.
Thanks for your time.
<(°_°^) (^°_°^) (^°_°)>
(08-02-2013, 03:44 AM)fel_horfrost Wrote: I could be wrong but firaga seems to be a superior spell to flare.
It's a lvl lower does d8s instead of d6s has a 30ft. Range instead of the 20ft. Of flare. I know flare inflicts the burning status but is that worth being a spell level higher?
Thanks for your time.

I'll have to look into it and make some changes.
Burning is a gift that can keep on giving, but I agree but I do see places where costing a foe an action would be better. Most cases though the damage is a better choice.
(08-02-2013, 06:26 AM)Viladin Wrote:
(08-02-2013, 03:44 AM)fel_horfrost Wrote: I could be wrong but firaga seems to be a superior spell to flare.
Thanks for your time.

I'll have to look into it and make some changes.

Also, because of the way it is worded, Firaga also inflicts burning status. So Flare is strictly worse.
Maybe if flare ignored spell resistance or fire resistances.
Maybe add a few more negative status effects like dazed, blinded, or stunned.
Or make it a bigger boom lol.
I mean how cool would it be to kill a fire elemental with a fire spell.
<(°_°^) (^°_°^) (^°_°)>