Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moogles
First off, I just found this site this morning, and might I say, this is awesome! I am in awe of the detail and completeness of the work you have put into this, and excited to try to convince my group to try this system out, or at least incorporate elements into DnD3.5 campaigns.

Anyway, I am an avid fan of the Moogle, and was wondering, is there a reason why they do not have Darkvision?
I'll begin my post by welcoming you to the forums!

Getting to your question, I suppose the first thing to ask is why you feel that Moogles need to have darkvision as a racial ability?
There are a few races with Darkvision already. More of a variety issue than anything.
It's mostly due to Final Fantasy VI's incarnation of the Moogles, where they were a cave dwelling race. Also, the concept of the Moogle was based on a cross between a bat and a mole (random fact thanks to Wikipedia).
That sounds like a job for alternate racial traits!
(02-20-2013, 09:59 PM)Nihilarian Wrote: That sounds like a job for alternate racial traits!

I was going to suggest just this. Again, archetypes are a tool which can be used to give a more-specific flavor to a race or class. In terms of FFd20, this means that a specific incarnation of a race or class can be represented by archetypes, thus keeping the base as an amalgamation of sorts.
Haha, you know... I already did something for Moogles for darkvision as an alternate racial trait. Just forgot.

• Darkvision: Some moogle strains have lived in the underground depths for so long they have given up on light entirely and gained darkvision with a range of 60 feet. This racial trait replaces low-light vision and keen senses.