Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathfinder Conversions done so far:
The Holy Knight in FFT was completely different than the Paladin class of Final Fantasy and D&D. It was full on offensive. There was no bodyguard ability, no self healing, no mounts, no spells and no connection with the divine. Delita was an evil Holy Knight, and he certainly did not have his powers stripped by anyone.

Thus, since this great conversion of the HK in d20 is already more like Agrias Oaks than Cecil, why not go all the way and strip out all Paladin abilities altogether? There are more than enough abilities to make a new Paladin class which would satisfy fans of Cecil.

And ofcourse you cannot copy the exact numbers of the video game, where damage went into the hundreds if I recall correctly, but the trick is to relatively emulate that. So pumping up the Sword Techs, which is what the HK and DK was all about, is the key to that. In fact, make the class all about Sword Techs, and remove everything else including smites, spells, LoH, etc.

I can houserule it sure, but thing is many ppl including myself play online via pbp boards, and GMs there typically run with 'official' rules and don't houserule.

Messages In This Thread
Pathfinder Conversions done so far: - by Viladin - 02-15-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: Pathfinder Conversions done so far: - by Alpha Stryke - 03-09-2013, 05:07 AM