Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Itching to get back into it, but...
Would you like me to do the rest of the races?
(02-04-2013, 10:30 PM)Wolfen Fenrison Wrote: Would you like me to do the rest of the races?
Unless Viladin has any objections, I feel that it is at least something that can be used as our springboard for development. I can try and help if you'd like. I cannot promise it will be of good quality, but I can try. Just point me in a general direction (such as naming races or something like that).
I have no objections Smile Thanks again, Wolfen and Zeronos.
(02-04-2013, 10:36 PM)ZeronosVega Wrote: Unless Viladin has any objections, I feel that it is at least something that can be used as our springboard for development. I can try and help if you'd like. I cannot promise it will be of good quality, but I can try. Just point me in a general direction (such as naming races or something like that).

This is what I am basing this on as well as the addition favored class option from the Advanced Race Guide and Psionics Expanded
I also need suggestions for racial traits as well. You would think it was a simple transition from 3.5 to PF. Lol, was I ever wrong? Smile
No problem at all, Viladin.

Also, from what I've gathered, the some races have fewer Favored Classes. Will this hold true for this system?
I'm going to try to give all the races all the favored classes.
Ronso
Bard: Add +1 to the bard's total number of bardic performance rounds per day.
Beastmaster: Add +1 to the beastmaster's total number of rage rounds per day.
Black Mage: Add +1/2 point of fire damage to spells that deal fire damage cast by the black mage.
Blue Mage: Add +1/2 spell known from the Blue Mage spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the Blue Mage can cast. And add +1/2 bonus to Knowledge (Beast Lore) skill checks.
Chemist: Add +1/2 to the chemist's bomb damage.
Choccobo Knight: Add +1 hit point to the chocobo knight's chocobo mount. If the chocobo knight ever replaces his mount, the new mount gains these bonus hit points.
Dark Knight: Add +1/3 on critical hit confirmation rolls made while using smite good (maximum bonus of +5).
This does not stack with the Critical Focus feat.
Dragoon: Add +1/2 to the dragoon's attack and damage rolls with spears, lances, and polearms.
Fighter: Add a +2 bonus to stabilize when dying.
Gunner: Add a +1/3 bonus on attack rolls when using the pistol whip gunnery skill.
Holy Knight: Add +1/3 on critical hit confirmation rolls made while using smite evil (maximum bonus of +5).
Monk: Add +1 to the monk's CMD when resisting a grapple and +1/2 uses of stunning fist
Red Mage: Add +1/2 point of fire damage to spells that deal fire damage cast by the red mage.
Summoner: Add +1 hit point to the summoner's avatar.
Thief: Add +1/3 on critical hit confirmation rolls made while using sneak attack (maximum bonus of +5).
White Mage: Select one cantrip, the white mage adds +1/2 to the number of uses per day of that cantrip.

Only humans and half-human (not sure what constitutes a half-human in final fantasy) have favored class options for all the classes. Most non-human races don't have a long racial tradition of inherent knack for certain classes.
To be fair, Vil, it'd be easier if you stuck to converting it to core PF instead of adding all the expanded content.
Changed the main favored class rules, I like the HP/MP/SP variety.
(02-04-2013, 11:47 PM)Wolfen Fenrison Wrote: White Mage: Select one cantrip, the white mage adds +1/2 to the number of uses per day of that cantrip.
Does FFd20 use cantrips?

Dwarves
Bard: Reduce arcane spell failure chance for casting bard spells when wearing medium armor by +1%. Once the total reaches 10%, the bard also receives Medium Armor Proficiency, if he does not already possess it.
Beastmaster: Add +1 to the beastmaster's total number of rage rounds per day.
Black Mage:
Blue Mage:
Chemist:
Choccobo Knight:
Dark Knight: Add a +1 bonus on concentration checks when casting black magic spells.
Dragoon:
Fighter: Add +1 to the Fighter's CMD when resisting a bull rush or trip.
Gunner:
Holy Knight: Add a +1 bonus on concentration checks when casting white magic spells.
Monk: Reduce the Hardness of any object made of clay, stone, or metal by 1 whenever the object is struck by the monk's unarmed strike (minimum of 0).
Red Mage:
Summoner: Add a +1/4 natural armor bonus to the AC of the summoner's avatar.
Thief: Add a +1/2 bonus on Disable Device checks regarding stone traps and a +1/2 bonus to trap sense regarding stone traps.
White Mage:

Note: I have to take a short leave, thus leaving this unfinished. For the most part, it's a copy-paste of the Pathfinder dwarf.
Both Black Mages and White Mages get cantrips.
Working on the races now. Alongside with the favored classes. Suggestions for racial traits are welcomed.

Humes, Dwarves, Mithra, Elvaan are done as far as racial traits are concerned.
Are elves still considered part of final fantasy? or are they effectively replaced by the elvaan?
also we should have a lunarian race.

(02-06-2013, 03:14 PM)Viladin Wrote: Working on the races now. Alongside with the favored classes. Suggestions for racial traits are welcomed.

Humes, Dwarves, Mithra, Elvaan are done as far as racial traits are concerned.

are you doing all the favored classes or do you need help with them because i am working on the dwarf favored classes?
All, but taking some of your suggestions for the favored classes.
Not to put any sort of pressure on you, but how soon can we expect to see any of the converted materials?
Still working on races. Classes are done. I usually don't have time til Wednesdays/Thursday to work on it. I can show the classes converted to PF if needed. Smile Just wanted to do it all at once.
Again, no rush. My curiosity is more out of the fact that I have been asked to run a FFd20 game, but didn't know how this alteration would affect it down the road.
(02-11-2013, 11:26 PM)ZeronosVega Wrote: Again, no rush. My curiosity is more out of the fact that I have been asked to run a FFd20 game, but didn't know how this alteration would affect it down the road.

Its going to be quite different with the race and classes changes. You could still run a FFd20 game using the 3.5 version that's still up (which will be replaced with the PF version, but I will keep the 3.5 version elsewhere just in case).
I honestly prefer prestige classes to archetypes, in fact that is my only problem with pathfinder is that archetypes are a lot more prevalent than prestige classes unless you have/use the campaign books.