Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Itching to get back into it, but...
(01-29-2013, 11:11 PM)Viladin Wrote: Well, against my bitter screaming mind, started converting to Pathfinder. Smile

Woot! If you need any help, do let me know as I would be glad to assist in some way.
I need suggestions for Favored Classes for all the races and appropriate Pathfinder bonuses for leveling in that class.
(01-30-2013, 09:50 AM)Viladin Wrote: I need suggestions for Favored Classes for all the races and appropriate Pathfinder bonuses for leveling in that class.
I'll take a crack at it. This will be a sort of work in progress as I do research and work around my everyday schedule.

Aegyl - Fighter
Al Bhed - Engineer
Bangaa - Fighter or Monk
Cetra - White Mage
Dwarf - Fighter
Elvaan - Paladin
Galka - Fighter
Gria - ???
Hume - Any
Mithra - Thief
Moogle - Thief or Engineer
Nu Mou - White or Black Mage (Race has a preference for both)
Qu - Blue Mage
Ronso - Dragoon
Seeq - ???
Tarutaru - Magical Classes
Viera - Archer

Unfortunately, not all of the base classes fall into one of the races easily. While some of these could be altered to give variety, I'm trying to match them up to the best of my ability. I'll have to look into the Pathfinder rules in order to determine bonuses.
Nih, Mogki would cry tears of joy at the Sneak Attack changes in PF.
Base classes converted over to Pathfinder with the exception of Summoner.
(01-30-2013, 10:11 AM)ZeronosVega Wrote:
(01-30-2013, 09:50 AM)Viladin Wrote: I need suggestions for Favored Classes for all the races and appropriate Pathfinder bonuses for leveling in that class.
I'll take a crack at it. This will be a sort of work in progress as I do research and work around my everyday schedule.

Aegyl - Fighter
Al Bhed - Engineer
Bangaa - Fighter or Monk
Cetra - White Mage
Dwarf - Fighter
Elvaan - Paladin
Galka - Fighter
Gria - ???
Hume - Any
Mithra - Thief
Moogle - Thief or Engineer
Nu Mou - White or Black Mage (Race has a preference for both)
Qu - Blue Mage
Ronso - Dragoon
Seeq - ???
Tarutaru - Magical Classes
Viera - Archer

Unfortunately, not all of the base classes fall into one of the races easily. While some of these could be altered to give variety, I'm trying to match them up to the best of my ability. I'll have to look into the Pathfinder rules in order to determine bonuses.

Ah nevermind. Favored Class means something a little different than 3.5 in Pathfinder.

Quote:Each character begins play with a single favored class of his choosing—typically, this is the same class as the one he chooses at 1st level. Whenever a character gains a level in his favored class, he receives either + 1 hit point or + 1 skill rank. The choice of favored class cannot be changed once the character is created, and the choice of gaining a hit point or a skill rank each time a character gains a level (including his first level) cannot be changed once made for a particular level.
In fact, I played a PF halfling ninja once that had an adapted form of Mogki's backstory as a cover. It was pretty fun, for all that it lasted a month and a half.

It's not all roses though. Some of the best ways of getting SA were nerfed. It didn't matter though, because the ninja completely emasculates the rogue as far as SA goes (Ninja gets Invisibility. Like, all day. Srsly).
(01-30-2013, 12:37 PM)Nihilarian Wrote: In fact, I played a PF halfling ninja once that had an adapted form of Mogki's backstory as a cover. It was pretty fun, for all that it lasted a month and a half.

It's not all roses though. Some of the best ways of getting SA were nerfed. It didn't matter though, because the ninja completely emasculates the rogue as far as SA goes (Ninja gets Invisibility. Like, all day. Srsly).

But... SA can be used on ANYTHING.
Yeah, but pretty much the only reliable way of getting it is through flanking. If you want to be a ranged rogue, you're pretty much screwed.
Pathfinder races have a net stat bonus of +2, usually this breaks down to being +2 to 2 abilities and -2 to one, or just +2 to any ability for really versatile races like humans and half-humans
(02-02-2013, 01:40 AM)Wolfen Fenrison Wrote: Pathfinder races have a net stat bonus of +2, usually this breaks down to being +2 to 2 abilities and -2 to one, or just +2 to any ability for really versatile races like humans and half-humans

Yeah, I have already changed the FFd20 Races to reflect that.
Considering one of your projects, you might find this interesting.
(02-02-2013, 05:58 PM)Nihilarian Wrote: Considering one of your projects, you might find this interesting.

That's epic.
Glad I could help.
Favored Class
Each character begins play with a single favored class of his choosing—typically, this is the same class as the one he chooses at 1st level. Whenever a character gains a level in his favored class, he receives either + 1 hit point, +1 magic point, or + 1 skill rank. The choice of favored class cannot be changed once the character is created, and the choice of gaining a hit point or a skill rank each time a character gains a level (including his first level) cannot be changed once made for a particular level. Prestige classes can never be a favored class.

Racial Favored Classes
The final section for each racial discussion describes alternative benefits for members of that race taking certain classes as a favored class. The normal benefit of having a favored class is simple and effective: your character gains one extra hit point, one extra magic point, or one extra skill rank each time she gains a level in that class. The alternate favored class abilities listed here may not have as broad an appeal as the standard choices. They are designed to reflect flavorful options that might be less useful in general but prove handy in the right situations or for a character with the right focus. Most of them play off racial archetypes, like a galka's toughness and proclivity for breaking things or vieran grace and finesse.

In most cases, these benefits are gained on a level-by-level basis—your character gains the specified incremental benefit each time she gains a level. Unless otherwise noted, these benefits always stack with themselves. For example, a hume with holy knight as a favored class may choose to gain 1 point of shadow resistance each time she gains a level; choosing this benefit twice increases this resistance bonus to 2, 10 times raises it to 10, and so on.

In some cases this benefit may eventually hit a fixed numerical limit, after which selecting that favored class benefit has no effect. Of course, you can still select the bonus hit point or skill rank as your favored class benefit, so there is always a reward for sticking with a favored class.

Finally, some of these alternate favored class benefits only add +1/2, +1/3, +1/4, or +1/6 to a roll (rather than +1) each time the benefit is selected; when applying this result to the die roll, round down (minimum 0). For example, a dwarf with thief as his favored class adds +1/2 to his trap sense ability regarding stone traps each time he selects the alternate thief favored class benefit; though this means the net effect is +0 after selecting it once (because +1/2 rounds down to +0), after 20 levels this benefit gives the dwarf a +10 bonus to his trap sense (in addition to the base value from being a 20th-level thief).

Thus, rather than taking an extra hit point, extra magic point, or an extra skill rank, players may choose for their characters to gain the benefit listed here. This is not a permanent or irrevocable choice; just as characters could alternate between taking skill ranks and hit points when they gain levels in their favored class, these benefits provide a third option, and characters may freely alternate between them.

As with any alternate or optional rule, consult with your GM to determine whether exchanging normal favored class benefits for those in this chapter will be allowed.
That reminds me; the 3rd party psionics system lets you trade a skill point for a power point, which I like. So I'd say you should have it as standard that any class with an MP pool can take MP instead of HP/SP.
(02-04-2013, 08:49 PM)Nihilarian Wrote: That reminds me; the 3rd party psionics system lets you trade a skill point for a power point, which I like. So I'd say you should have it as standard that any class with an MP pool can take MP instead of HP/SP.
I approve of this idea.
Humes
Archer: Add +1/3 to the archer's damage rolls with bows and crossbows.
Beastmaster: Add +1 hit point or +1 skill rank to the beastmaster's animal companion. If the beastmaster ever replaces his companion, the new companion gains these bonus hit points or skill ranks.
Bard: Add one song from the bard song list to the bard's songbook. This song must be at least one level below the highest song level he can perform.
Black Mage: Add one spell known from the Black Mage spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the Black Mage can cast.
Blue Mage: Add one spell known from the Blue Mage spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the Blue Mage can cast.
Chemist: Add +1/3 to the chemist's damage rolls with thrown weapons.
Chocobo Knight: Add +1 hit point or +1 skill rank to the chocobo knight's chocobo mount. If the chocobo knight ever replaces his mount, the new mount gains these bonus hit points or skill ranks.
Dark Knight: Add +1 to the dark knight's holy element resistance (maximum +10).
Dragoon: Add +1/3 to the dragoon's damage rolls with spears, lances, and polearms.
Engineer: Add +1 hit point or +1 to one saving throw to the engineer's automaton. If the engineer ever replaces his automaton, the new automaton gains these bonus hit points or saving throw bonuses.
Fighter: Add +1 to the fighter's CMD when resisting two combat maneuvers of the character's choice.
Gunner: Add +1/3 to the gunner's damage rolls with firearms and gunblades.
Holy Knight: Add +1 to the holy knight's shadow element resistance (maximum +10).
Knight: Add +1 to the knight's elemental resistance to one kind of element (maximum +10).
Monk: Add +1/4 to the monk's uses of stunning fist.
Necromancer: Add +1 hit point or +1 skill rank to the necromancer's bone commander. If the necromancer ever replaces his bone commander, the new commander gains these bonus hit points or skill ranks.
Red Mage: Add one spell known from the Red Mage spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the Red Mage can cast.
Summoner: Add +1 hit point or +1 skill rank to the summoner's avatar.
Thief: The hume gains +1/6 of a new thief talent.
White Mage: Add one spell known from the White Mage spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the White Mage can cast.
(02-04-2013, 09:36 PM)Wolfen Fenrison Wrote: Humes
Archer: Add +1/3 to the archer's damage rolls with bows and crossbows.
Beastmaster: Add +1 hit point or +1 skill rank to the beastmaster's animal companion. If the beastmaster ever replaces his companion, the new companion gains these bonus hit points or skill ranks.
Bard: Add one song from the bard song list to the bard's songbook. This song must be at least one level below the highest song level he can perform.
Black Mage: Add one spell known from the Black Mage spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the Black Mage can cast.
Blue Mage:Add one spell known from the Blue Mage spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the Blue Mage can cast.
Chocobo Knight: Add +1 hit point or +1 skill rank to the chocobo knight's chocobo mount. If the chocobo knight ever replaces his mount, the new mount gains these bonus hit points or skill ranks.
Dark Knight: Add +1 to the dark knight's holy element resistance (maximum +10).
Dragoon: Add +1/3 to the dragoon's damage rolls with spears, lances, and polearms.
Engineer: Add +1 hit point or +1 to one saving throw to the engineer's automaton. If the engineer ever replaces his automaton, the new automaton gains these bonus hit points or saving throw bonuses.
Fighter: Add +1 to the fighter's CMD when resisting two combat maneuvers of the character's choice.
Gunner: Add +1/3 to the gunner's damage rolls with firearms and gunblades.
Holy Knight: Add +1 to the holy knight's shadow element resistance (maximum +10).
Knight: Add +1 to the knight's elemental resistance to one kind of element (maximum +10).
Monk: Add +1/4 to the monk's uses of stunning fist.
Necromancer: Add +1 hit point or +1 skill rank to the necromancer's bone commander. If the necromancer ever replaces his bone commander, the new commander gains these bonus hit points or skill ranks.
Red Mage: Add one spell known from the Red Mage spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the Red Mage can cast.
Summoner: Add +1 hit point or +1 skill rank to the summoner's avatar.
Thief: The hume gains +1/6 of a new thief talent.
White Mage: Add one spell known from the White Mage spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the White Mage can cast.

This is pretty nice. I wish I could offer any kind of critique, but I'm not really experienced with Pathfinder, so I don't know what would stand out as being underwhelming or overpowered. But hey, one race down, just... a lot more to go.
Liking the suggestions. Smile I'll be cracking down on this section on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday.