Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking For Some Clarification
I am very, very interested in the relatively new Samurai Hybrid Class, but I'm looking for a bit of clarification on a couple of class skills and abilities.  I'll try my best to organize them by lack of clarity, but my brain is full of questions, so please forgive me if it seems to be random.

Starting with Kenki Techniques and combos in general, does the Samurai merely need to go through the motions, or does each required strike within the combo need to hit?  Using Draw Slash as an example, does the Samurai need to hit with a Slash, followed by a Heavy Slash, or can one of the two techniques miss its mark while still being able to perform the Draw Slash?
Already answered, I'm silly.

From there I was just wondering about the Iaijutsu Enhancements.  Do the Enhancements still deal the Iaijutsu Strike damage on every hit?  That would mean that even a 12th level Samurai could deal an extra 24d6 in damage on a single attack with the Midare Setsu Gekka.  I guess it is balanced a little with the fact that it requires a Limit Break to utilize in that way, but it still seems like a lot of extra damage, even for a Limit Break.  Am I calculating it wrong or something?

Also, Meikyo Shisui doesn't have a listed duration, though I assume its 1 round + 1 additional round per 4 Samurai levels after 1st?
Already answered, I'm dumb and silly.

IMMEDIATE EDIT: Just noticed that 2 of these have already been answered.  Whoops.
(09-15-2017, 09:31 PM)CurleyWhirly Wrote: From there I was just wondering about the Iaijutsu Enhancements.  Do the Enhancements still deal the Iaijutsu Strike damage on every hit?  That would mean that even a 12th level Samurai could deal an extra 24d6 in damage on a single attack with the Midare Setsu Gekka.  I guess it is balanced a little with the fact that it requires a Limit Break to utilize in that way, but it still seems like a lot of extra damage, even for a Limit Break.  Am I calculating it wrong or something?

Not seeing where you got 24d6 at 12th from anywhere. Iaijutsu damage is only applied once.
(09-16-2017, 10:55 AM)Viladin Wrote:
(09-15-2017, 09:31 PM)CurleyWhirly Wrote: From there I was just wondering about the Iaijutsu Enhancements.  Do the Enhancements still deal the Iaijutsu Strike damage on every hit?  That would mean that even a 12th level Samurai could deal an extra 24d6 in damage on a single attack with the Midare Setsu Gekka.  I guess it is balanced a little with the fact that it requires a Limit Break to utilize in that way, but it still seems like a lot of extra damage, even for a Limit Break.  Am I calculating it wrong or something?

Not seeing where you got 24d6 at 12th from anywhere. Iaijutsu damage is only applied once.

And now I see the line I completely missed before, all good, now I'm silly, dumb and blind.
I guess I do have one more question:
Can a Samurai take advantage of dual wielding katana in order to complete combos?
(09-17-2017, 01:38 AM)CurleyWhirly Wrote: I guess I do have one more question:
Can a Samurai take advantage of dual wielding katana in order to complete combos?

Technically, yes... Thematically, no :p
That's pretty much what I expected. XD I probably wouldn't do it, but I just noticed the class specified "wielding a katana," not "wielding ONE katana." Could be an interesting thematic moment though, maybe taking up the blade of a fallen friend mid-fight?