Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freelancer
Updated. Abilities are more universally applicable, hopefully.
Fitting the Freelancers into Vil's world.

The Forgotten Sentinels of the King's Guard.
In ages lost to the fog of time, long before techniques were devised to create Materia, the kings of a forgotten kingdom chose their guards not from the most valiant or clever, but the most loyal. To become a Forgotten Sentinel was a great honor that nevertheless carried the finality of death, because the techniques taught by the King's Guard destroyed the memories of their former life - to the point where they could not remember family even if forced to cut them down. Of the few orders dedicated to preserving the traditions of the Forgotten Sentinels, even fewer remember their origins. They cannot trust their own memories, instead carefully recording the history and techniques for future generations.

Then came the mass production of Materia, and equipment designed to contain it. Some orders - especially those who lost their records at some point in history - chose to adapt their techniques and learn to collect the mist and tie it to their weapons and armor. Their original purpose lost, these orders became mercenaries and began to make a name for themselves. They called themselves Freelancers.

You may have guessed, but eventually I'll be making an Archetype based on Junctioning Magicite directly into the Freelancer's body. Working title is Internal Formist.

EDIT: And now that I think about it, perhaps a PrC called Forgotten Sentinel.
Internal Formist is a dumb name, and I'm glad I thought of a better one. Mistbound archetype is up.