Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little help with an encouter?
I hope this is the right place for this. I need some help designing an encounter or two for my game. So to make a long story short, my party will soon be making their way through my world's version of the Lightning Plains in order to reach, and then navigate, the temple of Ramuh.

The problem is, I'm not exactly sure how to deal with them walking through the plains themselves. I'm imagining there will be a random chance for them to be struck, of course, but I'm not sure how to set it up. The party will have every opportunity to do whatever they wish to render the lightning ineffective of course (Protection from energy, etc.), but I'd still like to come up with a roll or a set of rolls to decide where and when the lightning hits.

I mean, sure the party could follow a set of lightning spires since there's every chance those will be hit...but the thing about lightning is that it's unpredictable, and could still strike even if there's a lightning rod. Things could get even worse if there are actual encounters while in the plains.

So, anyone have any thoughts on how to do something like this?

Messages In This Thread
A little help with an encouter? - by Aychek - 09-24-2015, 02:30 PM
RE: A little help with an encouter? - by Aychek - 09-24-2015, 03:28 PM