Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gunblade Knight-PRC
Yay! Ok! Totally why i brought it here. Lol I'm not the best worder/balancer in the world and i know it.

Ok lets start:

Prerequisites: I can understand. Only thing i know of that needs a specific abaility is Elemental Fist Disciple (Needs Monks Aura blast) So i totally understand. Gunblade Expertise should be enough. I was trying my hardest to stick to lore while making this so it was one of those things. A lot of this was.

Saves: I thought about changing them too, was thinking that wasn't too bad for only ten levels (Since fighters ref ad will is bad.) I was thinking more Fort/Will for better saves. Trying to keep more towards the Knight feel.

Renzekuken: Renzekuken was originally a Gunblade tech that did just that. I had a different LB that completely took damage that was targeted to the bonding partner as long as he was adjacent to them. I fought with myself and changed it, then i broke it. Then i said fuck it and i made it LB and it came out better. If i did take out the trigger

Bondng: yeah sorry, thats what i meant. Lol. I'll fix the wording. I'd thought about adding Bonding options actually depending what it was you'd get different bonus, like moral bonuses to attack if it was a friendship or fast healing x with a lover. Just random thoughts i haven't actually done anything with. I really wanted to make it Only bond to spell-casters too but i felt that was too limiting myself. It can be up to Gms and players to change that. I've also thought about dropping Bonding completely or somehow expanding it. But This was the biggest Part of FF8 lore i was trying to stick to. But in the end i might drop it. But this is what i based everything around.

Gunblade techs: Yeah i had it originally to choose and i actually hoped to add more techs later i just ran out of ideas. The main intent was to make play-testing each one easier for the time being and flavor (for the spell casting bond) But i don't know if i can get to playtesting this. My times suck and mighteve done it in another guys game but i dont see it getting there any time soon. id like to keep it this way if i can get more techs but if i don't then ill definitely change it back.

Big Shot: I get you. Sounds a lot better. I'll go with that, thank you.. And Yeah the knocked prone thing.. I don't know what i was doing, ill fix all that.

Tech damage: I'm glad you said something about the damage. I was seriously thinking raising them up to 1d6 a level. (all techs needed). I was afraid id make the techs weak in this aspect, however ive also thought about adding bullet damage to some techs that consume it. I was gonna see how what i had did but id like to change it personally. I just wasn't sure which would be too much.

Fated Circle: Ok, ill change the radius' up. Yeah i thought my logic was off there too, i thought about making it only adjacent creatures in a circle around him that get pushed back so far. The intent is to push enemies away from the bonding partner.

Fire cross: 1st note: Sounds cleaner yeah. I'll work on that. again this is one of those lore techs that was harder to work with. Unless the Gunblade knight could cast fire, it seemed better to do it that way.

Im glad you understood what i was going for with the fire though! lol i was afraid no one would understand. Yeah, Fort sounds better now that you mention it. Way better, im not sure why i thought Will in the place of it. I'll fix that.

Rough divide: Yeah if i take out trigger i may just say it applies bullet damage automatically. Its not so bad considering DKs harrowing slice. The sunder attempt was to get the effect of "Rough" part. Another lore tech i had trouble working with without breaking d20 logic. So i based it on Dissidias Rough divide and thought a sunder attempt would be neat. Part of me would like to drop it completely and do something different.
I will probably do bullet damage with sunder if i keep it.

X Burst: As i said, i thought about adding bullet damage to all techs that consumed so thats not bad This is one i think the cap at 6d6 isn't too bad with that stagger. Unless you think 10d6 auto stagger + bullet damage isn't much? RT i'll think about. It'd give it more leeway so I may do that.

Cover: I'll totally fix all that. Granted The idea was the Gunblade knight would automatically fail the save and take all damage and effects with it but yeah Totally looks about fixing that.

Strong Bond: Yeah, in honestly felt i wasn't giving enough for the bonding parts, why trying my hardest to not give much. Most people don't do teamwork feats and if they did, the intent is for bonding a spell-caster so their feats would actually be limited. I may just give them seize the moment or distracting charge together in a way instead the teamwork feats. Which if i don't drop trigger then the Knight 9Should if he takes all fighter levels) have retlentless revolver which would be a neat trigger for seize the moment with the bonded partner.

And yeah the bonuses i thought about but as intended, its meant for a spellcaster bond. I may drop it to standing with each other. My only problem is i don't want to limit the knight to literally just be standing there by the partner all day. Near them, but not up their ass all day. I'd definitely just like to work bonding as a whole a lot better.

Entrust: Honestly my favorite ability lol. I did NOT intend to to be shared uses. The wordings there but i'll fix it. Yeah its 3 times a day total.

Stand Together: I kinda pulled from Swordsaint with this one. With the aid another action and the hamper. Auto Succeed when they help each other? I would have though that was much. Double aid another is cool. I like that. I'll see what i can do with this as well. I also thought about just adding bonuses based on level (As you said +3) To AC or so when near each other. But it also is to stick with true bond so.

True Bond: As i said id like to re work the bonds as a whole. This one i may not change unless the others do heavily.

K i'll fix all that, ( Just woke up from shitty sleep so now i have something to do.) Thank you for the input and help. It's Totally why i brought it here so don't be afraid to hit it. As i said im not that great at making these things i just like making concepts and ideas of stuff and this was one that flowed out of me and id like to work on it more.

And if you have any Gunblade tech ideas let me know.

Messages In This Thread
Gunblade Knight-PRC - by NeloAngelo - 05-01-2015, 07:39 PM
RE: Gunblade Knight-PRC - by NeloAngelo - 05-10-2015, 05:45 PM
RE: Gunblade Knight-PRC - by silverwerret - 05-10-2015, 11:30 PM
RE: Gunblade Knight-PRC - by NeloAngelo - 05-10-2015, 11:58 PM
RE: Gunblade Knight-PRC - by dairius_chi - 05-14-2015, 10:27 PM
RE: Gunblade Knight-PRC - by NeloAngelo - 05-15-2015, 03:09 AM
RE: Gunblade Knight-PRC - by NeloAngelo - 05-15-2015, 06:56 PM
RE: Gunblade Knight-PRC - by NeloAngelo - 05-22-2015, 12:06 AM
RE: Gunblade Knight-PRC - by dairius_chi - 05-22-2015, 12:39 AM
RE: Gunblade Knight-PRC - by NeloAngelo - 05-22-2015, 06:33 PM
RE: Gunblade Knight-PRC - by dairius_chi - 05-22-2015, 07:12 PM