Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quadav
I am currently running a campaign based on a story for a Final Fantasy fan game that I was making with RPG Maker VX. That fell through, but the story was good enough to convert into tabletop. So far, my party is having an incredibly fun time with it, and I'm even coming up with a sort of stunt-system to allow the players to pull off some of the things that are seen in FMV's and the like from the various games and movies.

One of the party's tasks was to clear a group of beastmen from some mines. Specifically they were facing off against Quadav from FFXI. Unfortunately there's no such race in the Bestiary, so I had to come up with them, myself. I'll admit, these are the first creatures that I've ever acctually created that weren't through character creation, so they will be a bit rough, and I'm sure I'm missing some things.

But they ended up being a lot of fun, and a big challange for the party. They were designed around the thought that Quadav are slower, but hardier and harder to kill. They also work in teams, unlike Orcs, which are more berserker style, and Goblins which...hoard. Or use stealth and cunning.

Abilities and skills are taken from FFXI and converted to be useable with Pathfinder. Someone can pick apart problems with them, I'm sure, or give suggestions on better balancing...but the skills worked for my game as I have them.

First was the warrior class, the Young Quadav.
-----------------------------
Young Quadav CR1
XP 400

NE Medium Monstrous Humanoid
Init +3 Senses Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +2

-DEFENSE-
AC 19 touch 9, flat-footed 18 (-1 Dex, +2 natural, +7 Splint Mail)
hp 17hp (2d10+6 con)
Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +4

Defensive Abilities
DR 5-Adamantine
Resist: Water
Weak: Thunder

-OFFENSE-
Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)
Longsword +6 (1d8+4)
[Mining Pick +6 (1d6+4 X4)
Ore Chunk +1 (1d3+4)

Special Attacks
Spell Like Abilities (CL 0th)
3/day- Howl - All allys in a 30ft radius gain the effects of Bless for 1 turn.

-STATISTICS-
Str 18, Dex 8, Con 16, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 7
Base Atk +2 CMB +6 CMD 15
Feats: Horde Charge[Teamwork] (+2 on attack and damage when charging with an ally), Improved Initiative

Skills: +4 Climb , 0 Craft , -1 Fly , -1 Intimidate , +2 Perception , -1 Ride , 0 Stealth , +2 Survival , +5 Swim

Languages: Quadav

Combat Gear: Long Sword, [Mining Pick], Splint Mail, Light Wooden Shield
Other Gear: Rocks

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Shell Bash: Standard, CMB attack dealing 1d6+str damage and stunning for 1d4 rounds. Usable 3 times per day.

Shell Guard: Swift, Hardens shell, granting +5 to AC though reduces movement by half. Attack rolls are reduced by 2.

Diamond Shell: Standard, No movement, immune to criticals and sneak attack damage.
------------------------------
Next is the Black Mage, Amber Quadav
------------------------------

Amber Quadav CR1
XP 400

Init -1 Senses Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5

-DEFENSE-
AC 11 touch 9, flat-footed 11 (-1 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 17hp (2d10+6 con)
mp 3
Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6

Defensive Abilities
DR 2-Adamantine
Immune: Water

-OFFENSE-
Staff +4 (1d8+1)

Spells Prepared (CL 2th)
1st DC 14-
Water (2d6+3)
Enfeeblement (1d6+1 Str penalty)
Sleep
Blind
0 DC 13-
Water Orb (2d3)
Daze (4 HD or less)
Touch of Fatigue
Ignite

-STATISTICS-
Str 12, Dex 8, Con 16, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 7
Base Atk +2 CMB +3 CMD 12
Feats 1 total feats from HD
Increased Damage: 1 extra damage die.
Spell Guard (Su)*: Whenever the black mage casts a spell with a casting time of 1 standard action, he may instead cast it as a full round action. The black mage channels some of the energy of the spell into a defensive shield around him, giving him a deflection bonus to his AC equal to the level of the spell being cast. This bonus lasts until the beginning of the black mage’s next turn.

Skills 14 Skill Points , +1 Climb , +3 Craft , -1 Fly , -2 Intimidate , +5 Perception , -1 Ride , -1 Stealth , +1 Survival , +1 Swim

Languages: Quadav, Common, Orc

Combat Gear: Quarterstaff

-SPECIAL ABILITIES-

Shell Bash: Standard, CMB attack dealing 1d6+str damage and stunning for 1d4 rounds. Usable 3 times per day.

Shell Guard: Swift, Hardens shell, granting +5 to AC though reduces movement by half. Attack rolls are reduced by 2.

Diamond Shell: Standard, No movement, immune to criticals and sneak attack damage.
-------------------
And last is the White Mage, Amethyst Quadav.
---------------------

Amethyst Quadav CR1
XP 400
Init -1 Senses Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +7

-DEFENSE-
AC 11 touch 9, flat-footed 11 (-1 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 17hp (2d10+6 con)
mp 3
Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +6

Defensive Abilities
DR 2-Adamantine
Resist: Water

-OFFENSE-
Melee Club +3 (1d6+1)

Spells Prepared (CL 2nd)
1st- DC 14
Cure - 2d6+3+2
Mage Armor - +4 armor bonus 2 hours
Protect - +2 deflect bonus to AC 2 rounds
Shell - +2 save vs spells 2 rounds
0- DC 13
Create Water
Detect Magic
Holy Orb: 1d3
Resistance

STATISTICS
Str 12, Dex 8, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 7
Base Atk +2 CMB +3 CMD 12
Feats 1 total feats from HD
Increased Healing: 1 healing die

Skills 10 Skill Points , +1 Climb , +1 Craft , -1 Fly , -2 Intimidate , +7 Perception , -1 Ride , -1 Stealth , +3 Survival , +1 Swim

Languages Quadav, ORc

Combat Gear Club

-SPECIAL ABILITIES-

This is cool. Really cool. Have a like.
I'd def like to see the other ffxi races implemented.