Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZeronosVega's Creation Index
EDIT: I plan on using this thread to host my various creations, so excuse the mess while I adjust it. Thanks!

Juggler

Hit Die: d6.

Requirements
To qualify to become a juggler, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
Base Attack Bonus: +3.
Skills: Perform 4 ranks, Thievery 4 ranks
Special: Bomb (3d6) Chemist ability

Class Skills
The juggler's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Acrobatics (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (alchemy), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Perception (Wis), Perform (Cha), Sense Motive (Wis), and Thievery (Dex).
Skill Points at Each Level: 5 + Int modifier.

[code] Table: Juggler
Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special
1 +0 +0 +2 +0 Juggling, Stunt, Limit Break
2 +1 +0 +3 +0 Deflect Projectile
3 +2 +1 +3 +1 Stunt
4 +3 +1 +4 +1
5 +3 +1 +4 +1 Stunt
6 +4 +2 +5 +2 Catch Projectile
7 +5 +2 +5 +2 Stunt
8 +6 +2 +6 +2
9 +6 +3 +6 +3 Stunt
10 +7 +3 +7 +3
[/code]

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the juggler.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Jugglers are proficient with all simple weapons, plus shuriken and throwing axes. Jugglers gain no proficiency with any type of armor or shield.

Limit Breaks (Su): At 1st level, the juggler receives the Limit Break (X).

Juggling (Ex): A juggler has taken the performer's craft and turned it into a deadly discipline. As a move action, a juggler may begin a cascade of up to three Diminutive or smaller inanimate objects. The usual choices are knives and clubs, but other objects (such as keys, stones and fruit) may also be used. As a standard action, the juggler can shift his routine slightly and hurl one of these items as a ranged weapon with a range of 30 feet. This attack is treated as a Feint at a penalty of -4 added to the bluff check for each successive projectile per round.

A juggler may maintain a number of items in her cascade less than or equal to 3+ her class level. Adding items to a cascade can be done with a move action. The concentration required to maintain this cascade imposes a -2 penalty to AC while juggling.

At 3rd-level, and for every 3rd level beyond that, the number of projectiles that can be thrown per standard action increases by 1 to a maximum of 4 at 9th level. The juggler must have both hands free to use this ability.

If the juggler is damaged while maintaining a cascade, she must make a perform (Juggling) check at a DC equal to the damage dealt in order to prevent dropping the cascade.

While Juggling, the juggler may only wear light or no armor.

This ability was taken from the Infernal Juggler.

Stunt: Starting at 1st level and every other level thereafter, a juggler learns a new stunt from the list below. A juggler cannot select an individual stunt more than once. Each stunt ability requires a standard action to use and the decision must be made before the attack roll is made.

Berserk

Stop

Confuse

Quicken/Haste

Thrown Weapon Focus (Ex): At 2nd level, the Juggler gains greater proficiency with thrown attacks of all kinds. The character gains a +1 bonus to attack rolls made with any thrown weapon. This bonus does not stack with other similar abilities.

Ideas for the class are as follows:
  • Designed to be another option for the Thief base class, as well as the Chemist.
  • Alter Juggling ability from base in order to make unique to FFd20.
  • Deflecting and Catching Projectiles - Inspired by FFTA's Reaction ability 'Catch'.
  • Ability to make use of all sorts of thrown weapons, including improvised weapons such as fruit, juggling pins, kitchen utensils, etc.
  • Ability to use fragile/dangerous items without risk of self-injury.
  • Ability to inflict status conditions with thrown weapons, acting as a sort of debuff role.

Any suggestions or help with this class will be appreciated!
I thought of making a juggler prestige class for the chemist. Never finished it.
(12-14-2012, 11:55 AM)Nihilarian Wrote: I thought of making a juggler prestige class for the chemist. Never finished it.
Yeah, I was looking at the chemist last night and realized that the juggler would make for an interesting prestige class. Admittedly, I'm taking most of my inspiration from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance/A2, so the abilities are similar to the ones in those game rather than the chemist as of right now.
Optional Rule: Holy Dragoon

Inspired by Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, the Holy Dragoon is an alternative take on the typical Dragoon class. By incorporating the use of white magic, as well as new skills, the Holy Dragoon is a knight of righteousness and good. The alterations made to the original class are outlined below; except for these changes the abilities all function the same.

GAME RULE INFORMATION
Holy Dragoons have the following game statistics.
Alignment: Holy Dragoons must be of any good alignment.
Special: A character may convert any number of levels in dragoon to holy dragoon at the GM's discretion.

Class Skills
In addition to a dragoon's class skills, the holy dragoon also has Concentration (Con) and Heal (Wis).

Class Features

Limit Break:
The following limit break replaces Falling Meteor.

Saint Dive (Su): This Limit Break allows the holy dragoon to make a giant leap to crash like a meteor upon his enemies within 60 feet, affecting a 20-foot-radius area. Enemies in the area of effect take 2d6 points of holy damage + an additional 2d6 points of damage per four holy dragoon class levels, a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 holy dragoon class level + Strength modifier) or fall prone.

Spells: Beginning at 4th level, a holy dragoon gains the ability to cast white magic spells, which are drawn from the white mage spell list, gaining the same spells as a holy knight. Like most spellcasters, a holy dragoon can find or purchase scrolls with spells to add to her repertoire. Unlike other spellcasters, a holy dragoon wearing armor does not affect her spellcasting ability.

To learn or cast a spell, the holy dragoon must have a Wisdom score equal to at least 10 + the spell level (Wis 11 for 1st-level spells, Wis 12 for 2nd-level spells, and so forth). The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a holy dragoon’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the holy dragoon’s Wisdom modifier. In addition, a holy dragoon gains additional MP for having a high attribute (Wisdom). See the holy knight class for MP and spell level progression.
What does the Holy Dragoon give up for the spellcasting progression?

For the juggler, here's what I had before I got massively distracted. Feel free to use it, if you wish. If I ever get back to it, it will be a long time away. Keep in mind I designed it purely for the chemist.

Quote:Limit Break (Su): At 1st level, the fencer receives the Limit Break (Bombard)

Bombard (Su): This Limit Break allows the juggler to toss out bombs everywhere. For the duration of 1 round + 1 round per two juggler levels, the juggler can make and toss out bombs as an attack action instead of as a standard action (Thus allowing him to make a full attack with his bombs). Each bomb can be modified by different Chemist Discoveries or Juggler Tricks, as normal. Making a Bomb requires two hands, and as such they cannot be dual-wielded.

Bomb-Thrower (Ex): Add the character’s chemist and juggler levels together to determine the damage done by her bombs.

Juggler's Skill (Ex): A juggler is an adept showman, and gains a bonus to all sleight of hand checks equal to her level.

Juggle Trick (Ex): The juggler keeps multiple objects in the air, descending upon their hapless victims. As a standard action or part of the same action used to create and throw a bomb, the juggler can send another object at the same or another creature with a touch attack. Each juggle trick can be used a number of times per day equal to the juggler's dexterity modifier. The saving throw DC for all juggle tricks is 10 +1/2 the juggler's level + the juggler's dexterity modifier.

Ball (Ex): Two objects fly, but one's just a ball. It's heavier than it looks, and a stricken foe might find themselves confused. The target must make a fortitude save or be inflicted with the confused status for a number of rounds equal to the juggler's class level.

Choking Bomb (Ex): Whenever a juggler throws a smoke bomb, all living creatures in the resulting cloud must make a Fortitude save or become staggered by the choking black smoke for 1d4 rounds. The juggler can still decide to use a normal smoke bomb instead.

Gotcha Bomb (Ex): It looks like a bomb, and the ticking's getting louder. Enemies within 20 ft. of the gotcha bomb must make a will save or flee from the bomb for 1d4 rounds. The gotcha bomb is harmless, and explodes into a shower of confetti 5 rounds after thrown.

Knives (Ex): You throw some knives, but they're just a distraction. All foes within 20 ft. must make will saves or provoke an Attack of Opportunity.

Lemon Meringue (Ex): It's a pie in the face. The target of lemon meringue must make a reflex save or become blinded until they take a standard action to wipe the pie out of their eyes. Each round the foe moves without wiping the pie from their eyes, they must make a balance check (DC 10 + 1/2 the juggler's level + the juggler's dexterity modifier) or fall prone.

Molotov Cocktail (Ex): The juggler throws a bottle, which explodes into a fireball and causes the foe to panic and strike out wildly. Treat this as an Alchemist's fire; in addition, if the main target takes fire damage, he must make a will save or be inflicted with the berserk status for 1d4 rounds; Any creature that took splash damage must make a will save or be inflicted with the berserk status for 1 round.

Ring Toss (Ex): The enemy watches with dread as a harmless hoop flies through the air, settling around him and stopping his movements. The foe must make a Reflex save or be inflicted with disable for one round/level.

Smoke Bomb (Ex): This ability allows a juggler to throw a smoke bomb that creates a cloud of smoke with a 15-foot radius. This acts like the smoke from a smokestick. The juggler can center this smoke on herself, or throw the bomb as a ranged touch attack with a range of 20 feet. Using this ability is a standard action.

Deft Fingers (Ex): Beginning at 3rd level, the juggler gains Deflect Arrows as a bonus feat, even if she doesn't meet the prerequisites.

Juggle-Fu (Ex): What goes up, must come down! As a standard action, a 5th level juggler can throw an item or a willing creature into the air; in 1 round/class level, the item or creature returns to earth and the juggler catches it automatically, no matter how far she has moved from her starting position; treat the item or creature as ascending by 10 ft./round for the first half of the duration, then descending 10 ft. round during the second half. The item or creature must be carried or adjacent to the juggler in order for her to throw it. A creature thrown into the air can act normally and is always directly above the juggler.

Confusing Pattern (Ex): A juggler of 7th level is a master of misdirection. When using the feint action, the juggler can choose to affect all creatures within 20 feet instead of one creature within melee range.

Sudden Toss (Ex): Beginning at 9th level, the juggler gains the Snatch Arrows feat, even if she doesn't meet the prerequisites. In addition, once per round when the juggler catches a returning weapon, he can throw the weapon again as a free action.

King Fool (Ex): Juggle-Fu now only takes a move action to perform, and can be performed on unwilling creatures as well (Reflex save DC 20 + the juggler's dexterity modifier). Finally, the juggler is considered one size category larger when using Juggle-Fu.

I like your juggling mechanic, by the way.
I'm still tweaking the Holy Dragoon, as I wanted to do more than just add spells and a few changes. I was considering adding a few more of the 'holy' abilities of the Holy Knight and exchanging some of its old abilities in return. What those abilities are, I don't know as of yet.

And thanks for showing me your materials. It was only yesterday that I realized how much the chemist could influence the Juggler class. I'm hoping to enhance elements of the chemist while incorporating elements found in FFTA, plus a few others.
Sneak Attack/Bomb Progression: Any PrC of a chemist or thief should have some damage die progression (+3 to +5 damage die, depending on your preference), unless it has quite a bit to make up for not having it. I see two ways you can give the juggler more damage die.

1) Stacking Progression: Put an ability at the first level (like Bomb-Thrower from my suggestions above) that specifically states that you add your juggler levels to either your chemist levels (for bombs) or your thief levels (for sneak attack). Unfortunately, sneak attack isn't often advanced like that.

2) Bonus Die: At certain intervals, give the character bonus damage die for one of the abilities (their choice). For example, Bonus Damage +1d6 at 2nd level, Bonus Damage +2d6 at 4th level, etc. There's a sneaky casting PrC somewhere (CMage?) that might have wording you can borrow.

Names aren't set in stone, of course.
I got bored and decided to try my hand at converting a race to this system. Criticism is always welcomed. And just know, I'm still working on the Juggler class. I've included my notes for the race, so everyone can see where I'm coming from with some of the racial abilities.

Yuke
First seen in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Yuke Racial Traits
• +2 Wisdom, +2 Intelligence. Yukes are natural-born spellcasters.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, Yukes have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Yuke base land speed is 30 feet.
• +2 racial bonus to all Knowledge checks.

Notes: I just know that they are incredibly knowledgeable as a race, but I couldn't immediately think of a way to limit this knowledge.

• Armor Body: A Yuke is always found wearing its trademark armor which is used not only for protection, but for identification, individualism and even gender. A Yuke begins play with the equivalent of Copper Armor (See the equipment section) and treats the armor as if it were his or her own body. As such, a Yuke never risks a chance of spell failure nor does it suffer from the effects of exhaustion if attempting to sleep in armor.

Their armor may be exchanged, though the process is far more difficult that simply donning another suit of armor, resulting a donning process which takes five times longer than normal. However, a Yuke can don any kind of armor without assistance, but will only try to do so in private or with individuals with whom they have a strong relationship with. Yukes can never be treated as having natural armor.

Note: See Crystal Bearers on how the armor body functions.

• Longevity: Due to the questionable nature of their existence, Yukes possess an extremely long lifespan which transcends millennia.
• Automatic Languages: Common, Yuken.

Notes: Magic preference. Very knowledgeable. Extremely long lifespan. Always found “wearing” a suit of armor (as such, no casting penalty), believed to be a sort of soul which uses armor as a sort of outer shell. Have natural elemental resistance (Ring of Fates).