Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hybrid Suggestions
I'll just go ahead and start this i think, to throw out ideas for the Hybrid classes and archetypes for them. These are just what flow through my mind and hope to help out with an idea.

????:
Dragoon/Blue Mage. A Dragoon who learns the power of his foes. (Perhaps gives Ronsos the ability to learn blue magic through lancet. Not sure what to call it)

SeeD:
GunBladeSpec/Summoner: A Warrior Junctioned to a Guardian force that allows him to draw magic from his enemies and use them against him, and to summon his GF to attack. (I feel this could be done with anything as far as the drawing magic idea.Zell(Monk) Irvine(Gunner) etc. I had trouble wanting to run a ff8 campaign when some of my players wanted to be mages but they cant due to lore. Ive always felt Gunblade Spec was lacking in later levels Always wanted to give it Gunblade techs like Rough Divide etc)

Alchemist:
Engineer/Chemist: I was really thinking of rikku here. And the Alchemist job in X-2. Though not sure how to explain what I'd think it'd do. But ill leave it here.

Machina Bandit:
Thief/Engineer: Speaking of Rikku.. It'd be neat for a Rouge to deal more with machines. Not sure id call it Machina Bandit but you get the gist. I'm bad with names.Might be good as a Al Bhed only thing though.

GunMage
Gunner/BlueMage: I know its an archetype but As just an idea. Split grit and blue magic up? Hmmm.

May add more later all i got for now.
I'm not sure if Green Mage would work as a hybrid, but it's something I wouldn't mind seeing fleshed out. Ninja also would be another one. But I honestly don't have any specific ideas in mind. Sword Saint as a combination of Holy/Dark though is a good one.
Vil said he planned on Sword Saint. Ninja is a PRC so that would be differnt and kinda cool to start out with. Green Mage would be neat too.
Ninja/Green Mage both seem like they have enough potential to be full classes on their own, but if it makes it easier to get them turned into full classes I wouldn't mind hybrid. I'd have to dig around to find some other stuff though. Also could be archetypes that could be expanded into being hybrids.

Edit: Looking into it, Ninja looks like you could emulate it with Thief/Monk decently well.
Sword Saint, Scholar, Black Belt, and Puppetmaster are currently on my Hybrid list of classes to make. Though, I think the Brawler kinda makes the Black Belt.

Sword Saint: Holy Knight/Dark Knight
Scholar: Black Mage/White Mage
Black Belt: Fighter/Monk
Puppetmaster: Monk/Engineer
Archer/Black Mage: Elemental Archer

??? Mage/Engineer: Technomancer (couldn't think of a better name), maybe would be different based on the type of mage mixed in the class. Thought maybe it would be a fun mix.

Geomancer/Monk: Fist of the Forest. Idk, it was a fun combo in Tactics

Sidenote: Maybe change Sage abilities from a Red Mage archetype and make it a Prestige for the new Scholar (which I am already loving)?
I'd call what Steiner does just Mystic Knight, since that was the name of the FFV class if I recall right. Unless you're talking about the XI job, which would fit that more.
Will probably do Technomancer and Rune Fencer as well.
What about Arithmatician as a Black Mage/White Mage hybrid?
(10-28-2014, 06:21 PM)Skaix Wrote: What about Arithmatician as a Black Mage/White Mage hybrid?

I had other aspirations for Arithmetician as a base class rather than hybrid. Still on the back-burner though.
One hybrid done, five more to go.
(11-03-2014, 05:50 PM)Viladin Wrote: One hybrid done, five more to go.

Which one? If you don't mind spoiling the surprise.
(11-04-2014, 04:26 PM)Luphey Wrote:
(11-03-2014, 05:50 PM)Viladin Wrote: One hybrid done, five more to go.

Which one? If you don't mind spoiling the surprise.

Black Belt.
Dope.
Another one nearly done!
Perhaps Vill, Saphire Magister could be redone this way to be a hybrid class of blue mage and beastmaster?
(11-15-2014, 07:15 PM)TheFrozenMoogle Wrote: Perhaps Vill, Saphire Magister could be redone this way to be a hybrid class of blue mage and beastmaster?

That is a possibility. Smile
I'm loving the new hybrid classes stuff.

Edit: how about some Dissidia inspired hybrid classes that are very offense focused using the maneuver system from Tome of Battle book of 9 swords and the recent Path of war line from dreamscarred press.
(12-12-2014, 12:38 PM)Fatal Rose Wrote: I'm loving the new hybrid classes stuff.

Edit: how about some Dissidia inspired hybrid classes that are very offense focused using the maneuver system from Tome of Battle book of 9 swords and the recent Path of war line from dreamscarred press.

In the works. Smile
(12-12-2014, 04:11 PM)Viladin Wrote:
(12-12-2014, 12:38 PM)Fatal Rose Wrote: I'm loving the new hybrid classes stuff.

In the works. Smile

It's funny, nearly everything I've thought of you've already done or is in the works.

Ok so I hate to sound like such a cheapskate but instead of totally creating new menuvers/stances you could simple barrow and rename the ones already available in POW/TBO9S. It could save you a lot of time. Maybe just create a few new ones if really necessary.

Also classes could be based entirely off of the characters.
For example Cecil's class could be 'Split Soul', Tidus Spry striker, etc..

In the end its entirely up to you, I'm sure whatever you come out with will be great.