Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Necromancer
Here you go:

http://www.finalfantasyd20.com/ffd20/Necromancer.pdf
It's certainly interesting.

I'd recommend expanding the spell list to include Blue Mage spells with the shadow descriptor as well. The summoner has more spells due to being able to cast all elemental spells from the Black/White mage class (though only one element at a time). Ice might also be appropriate, and would give him something to do in case he runs into a foe resistant to shadow damage.

Do Bone Commanders/Minions have a duration?

can the commander wield weapons?

It has a number of close range abilities, so I'd like to see a gish PrC for it.

Did you intend to make the casting based on Int but the abilities based on Cha?
(10-24-2012, 12:13 AM)Nihilarian Wrote: It's certainly interesting.

I'd recommend expanding the spell list to include Blue Mage spells with the shadow descriptor as well. The summoner has more spells due to being able to cast all elemental spells from the Black/White mage class (though only one element at a time). Ice might also be appropriate, and would give him something to do in case he runs into a foe resistant to shadow damage.

Do Bone Commanders/Minions have a duration?

can the commander wield weapons?

It has a number of close range abilities, so I'd like to see a gish PrC for it.

Did you intend to make the casting based on Int but the abilities based on Cha?

I might switch it to Charisma (all of it).

No durations for the pets. They last until they get destroyed.

Yes, all the pets can wield weapons.
I like this, gives me a fun idea for a villain for my current FFd20 campaign. Smile
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
- Magus, Chrono Trigger
(10-24-2012, 09:56 AM)chaoticangel97 Wrote: I like this, gives me a fun idea for a villain for my current FFd20 campaign. Smile

Love it! Great work. And you would advise or maybe state that players shouldn't play one no? As intended for evil or villians, and generally in FF you want your characters or players good.
No. Maybe a line that warns against the social stigma that comes from being a necromancer (and the possible attention of the monstrous beings that litter the world), but it should definitely be an option for players. There's precedence (though not much), because Necromancer was a playable class in FFV (Advance version). It's already "Any non-good"
Undead are healed by Shadow Damage, right?
Yes
Then what's the point of the healing Minion? The one that casts shadow spells heals them the same amount and can attack...
I'll change it to something else. Or maybe make the healing minion to be able to heal like white mages.
Not sure if this is a necro, but since Undead are healed by shadow, couldn't a necromancer just buy a magic staff or rod that does shadow damage and zap their minions with it to heal their minions to full health for free after each battle? Or do elemental staves not work that way?
(04-25-2013, 11:23 PM)Randel Wrote: Not sure if this is a necro, but since Undead are healed by shadow, couldn't a necromancer just buy a magic staff or rod that does shadow damage and zap their minions with it to heal their minions to full health for free after each battle? Or do elemental staves not work that way?

They can.