Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That feeling of scaring the players
All that is fine and good but, moogles can critical a construct. A wall is a construct :p therefore they can critical a wall. Also I tried that method >.> With the chemist's acid bombs and treasure (pre-nerf) again not winning any favors with my group lol.

>.> Lol, Anyway its not like I wanna kill the party *halo above my head* <.<. It's just I want to cause a bit more terror :p and chaos because more chaos.

We usually give rests as "end of session" and their adventuring is at the point well there isn't much enough there to ambush them in their sleep.

It's chemist isn't broken just aoe slinging in caves or in buildings stink.

I would do world map stuff but, creating all sorts of finely detailed small instance maps at 1/2 scale of my world map is a nightmare.

Oh and I tried the hardness thing with a grey ooze.
That didn't win much either since there wasn't info given on the ffd20 site about weapon endurance, and a bit harder to track for them.

I feel kinda stumped a bit though. I guess I shouldn't bother since they have gil now, but meh. I just feel ups and downs.

The Redmage in the party seems to be doing a bit of everything but, saves the party with his 16 damage (which increases as it goes) and his status effects, Which tack that on with the chemist and aoes, with a bit of shortbow attacks. The party kinda acts like a mobile hedgehog.

Good and bad is the problem. Good cause its teamwork, bad cause its a pain to give them their level in CR because they can one hit ko it quite easily or at least kill it within the next turn.

Not due to the party themselfs just, creatures are that weak.

FFd20 mobs seem to have the same issues, they scare but die kinda quick while indoors so the party doesn't have that maintained pressure.

Their too low level for any deadly traps (for now), their gear actually isn't that overpowered either, and neither is their class stuff. It just feels like I'm hitting the party with wet noodles.

Tongue I even went so far as to introduce blink bunnies lol, and they seemed to get mad when I >.> gave them 5 encounters of their cr of them. (Blink bunny only has max 11 hp and does 1d4-2 damage).

So it becomes a little bit of a fun killer when mobs die on the second turn. Again, feels like I'm doing stuff wrong, but it seems boring too having things die so quick. Not the party's fault, here or the systems fault. Just seems I'm missing something.

Messages In This Thread
That feeling of scaring the players - by kenki - 07-25-2014, 02:20 AM
RE: That feeling of scaring the players - by kenki - 07-25-2014, 12:33 PM