Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whip Master
On the same web page that the Fencer was listed, there was also a Whip Master. No information was given on any of the classes, but I was always intrigued in the class. Someone based around using a whip just seems awesome. I wish i could find the page with these classes in it. Sad
I've never heard of a whip master in Final Fantasy. The beastmaster class has often wielded a whip, though.
I found a link to the image i was talking about. The whip master is actually "Flayer" that uses a whip.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threa...-FFXIV-ARR.

From early FFXIV Job plans, may also enter in on the "Coming Soon" classes though.
That reminds me, Nih, I still need to do that Tamer prc someday.
(10-23-2012, 02:50 PM)Viladin Wrote: That reminds me, Nih, I still need to do that Tamer prc someday.
Indeed. Due to PF's approach to the animal companion, if you want to grant a behemoth as a pet, you'll have to write up new stats, which is unfortunate. PF's AC is probably more balanced, but there's nothing quite like opening up the monster manual to the T-Rex using it straight out of the box.

But I digress. A flayer base class would be difficult to create. We have no information on what they would have done, and the closest the Final Fantasy games have is the Beastmaster (which, in this system, is an unarmed berserker type). I guess Beastmaster could be split into two ("Savage", an unarmed barbarian class, and Beastmaster, a whip wielding monster summoning class with an animal companion) but that seems like a lot of work.
(10-23-2012, 04:17 PM)Nihilarian Wrote:
(10-23-2012, 02:50 PM)Viladin Wrote: That reminds me, Nih, I still need to do that Tamer prc someday.
Indeed. Due to PF's approach to the animal companion, if you want to grant a behemoth as a pet, you'll have to write up new stats, which is unfortunate. PF's AC is probably more balanced, but there's nothing quite like opening up the monster manual to the T-Rex using it straight out of the box.

But I digress. A flayer base class would be difficult to create. We have no information on what they would have done, and the closest the Final Fantasy games have is the Beastmaster (which, in this system, is an unarmed berserker type). I guess Beastmaster could be split into two ("Savage", an unarmed barbarian class, and Beastmaster, a whip wielding monster summoning class with an animal companion) but that seems like a lot of work.

Yeah, that would be a lot of work. Depending on how the tamer works, it could be closer to a "Flayer" type. If it is more of a pet focused beast master, you could just use a whip and call yourself a Flayer or Whip master.