Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Errors and Mistakes
Your resident grammar dark knight/opinion knight returns! I come bearing gifts of more work and my unsolicited opinion. You're welcome Vil ❤️

Typos
On the slim PDF, the monk's elbow smash ability sets its dc as 10+1/2 your sword saint level+charisma mod

OPINION TIME (last chance to start ignoring me)
Harrowing Slice-This ability is insane. Basically a free crit. This gets crazy with a scythe. At 3+charisma uses per day it isn't particularly limited. IMO it shouldn't show up before you have 3-4 attacks since it gives you more damage than a full attack without restricting mobility
Holy/Dark Swordsman-These archetypes give up 4th level spell casting for a first level sword techs. It seems odd to me that for the first 3 levels you just get free abilities at no cost
(06-27-2017, 01:01 PM)Biyama Wrote: Your resident grammar dark knight/opinion knight returns! I come bearing gifts of more work and my unsolicited opinion. You're welcome Vil ❤️

Typos
On the slim PDF, the monk's elbow smash ability sets its dc as 10+1/2 your sword saint level+charisma mod

OPINION TIME (last chance to start ignoring me)
Harrowing Slice-This ability is insane. Basically a free crit. This gets crazy with a scythe. At 3+charisma uses per day it isn't particularly limited. IMO it shouldn't show up before you have 3-4 attacks since it gives you more damage than a full attack without restricting mobility
Holy/Dark Swordsman-These archetypes give up 4th level spell casting for a first level sword techs. It seems odd to me that for the first 3 levels you just get free abilities at no cost

Harrowing Slice: I may change it so it IS a critical hit, but you still have to confirm it.

Holy/Dark Swordsman: I think I may need to change this. i thought there was a PF example, but I was wrong.
Well, for Harrowing Slice, that can be pretty easily solved by saying that you need to have a sword to use it; after all, they're all Dark Sword Techs, and you couldn't use any of the abilities in Tactics that these draw from without actually having a sword in hand. That honestly sounds like an easy enough fix: techs need swords to be used. It would then still be a good choice, but not an overpowered one, since you'd still likely be better off with two attacks than one critical (Sneak Attack dice, anyone?) when consecutive attacks become a thing for you.
Yes in tactics the skills required a sword and it makes sense. However, it does limit the types of weapons these classes can use which would kinda suck, which is why right now you can do them even unarmed. If they were forced to use only a sword for these, the sword techs should be taken out all together and put into swordsmans only.
And, honestly, the sword techs being reserved for the Xxxx Swordsman archetypes isn't too bad of a thing; at any single level where you would get a tech, you get two other abilities or improvements to your current abilities already. To me, a fair trade would be to let vanilla Xxxx Knights learn spells as they level up instead of having to study from scrolls and such exclusively, and let them have detect evil/good at will while sticking Sense Evil/Good on the Xxxx Swordsman.

Seriously, that spell learning thing has been absolute Hell for me any time I've played a Holy Knight or Dark Knight that uses magic. Even with a general lack of spells known though, I've always made heavier use of them than techs, mostly because the techs do piddly damage compared to normal attacks unless you're a Swordsman, and spells are more useful in general.
Noticed a couple of materia issues.

first: I noticed that they were, in most cases, super cheap for what they do, but that is a different post all together.

second: demolition materia allows you to crit and sneak attack constructs, but constructs can be crit and sneak attacked (snuck attacked?) in pathfinder, so that ability is pointless.

third: undead materia allows you to ignore incorporeal miss chance, which isn't a thing in Pathfinder. they ignore non magical damage, and take 50% damage from all other sources except positive and negative energy in Pathfinder.

fourth: barrier materia at level 2 grants wall 3/day, which is no longer a spell as far as I can find.

ADD: fith: Death materia at level 2 states your death threshold is -10 instead of -"your con score"
(07-26-2017, 01:57 PM)timtheenchanter Wrote: Noticed a couple of materia issues.

first: I noticed that they were, in most cases, super cheap for what they do, but that is a different post all together.

second: demolition materia allows you to crit and sneak attack constructs, but constructs can be crit and sneak attacked (snuck attacked?) in pathfinder, so that ability is pointless.

third: undead materia allows you to ignore incorporeal miss chance, which isn't a thing in Pathfinder. they ignore non magical damage, and take 50% damage from all other sources except positive and negative energy in Pathfinder.

fourth: barrier materia at level 2 grants wall 3/day, which is no longer a spell as far as I can find.

ADD: fith: Death materia at level 2 states your death threshold is -10 instead of -"your con score"

Thanks for the heads up, I'll work on fixing them.
I've noticed Ghoul Touch is in the 3rd level spells descriptions for Necromancer not 2nd level spell descriptions.
Those who wield red magic and blue magic are know as violet mages but very few are actually known and even fewer are actually masters of the violet magic.
(07-27-2017, 11:54 PM)Fortheseen Wrote: I've noticed Ghoul Touch is in the 3rd level spells descriptions for Necromancer not 2nd level spell descriptions.

I'll fix that. D:
the Wrestler archetype needs an update from 3.5 to Pathfinder

Practiced Grappler (Ex): At 1st level, when a wrestler has the grappled condition, she does not take a –4 penalty to Dexterity and does not lose her Dexterity bonus to AC. At 9th level, a grappling or grappled wrestler still threatens an area and is still able to make attacks of opportunity while grappling or grappled; when pinned, she is not denied her Dexterity bonus and does not take a –4 penalty to Armor Class.

In Pathfinder you are not denied your dex if you are grappled, Its just a -4 penalty to Dex and a -2 to hit and non grapple combat maneuvers.
(07-31-2017, 04:41 AM)timtheenchanter Wrote: the Wrestler archetype needs an update from 3.5 to Pathfinder

Practiced Grappler (Ex): At 1st level, when a wrestler has the grappled condition, she does not take a –4 penalty to Dexterity and does not lose her Dexterity bonus to AC. At 9th level, a grappling or grappled wrestler still threatens an area and is still able to make attacks of opportunity while grappling or grappled; when pinned, she is not denied her Dexterity bonus and does not take a –4 penalty to Armor Class.

In Pathfinder you are not denied your dex if you are grappled, Its just a -4 penalty to Dex and a -2 to hit and non grapple combat maneuvers.

Thanks for the great catch. Will fix it, prompto.
The magus gains elemental penetration for non elemental

Elemental Penetration [General]
Choose an element, such as dark, earth, fire, ice, light, lightning, water, or wind. Your spells of that element are especially potent, breaking through element resistance more readily than normal.
Benefit: Spells of the element you select are harder to resist. Any elemental resistance on a creature is considered 2 less when determining damage from a spell of the element you select.
Special: You can gain this feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new element.

Not sure if its a mistake, but if not, then I have so many questions. Is there such a thing as non elemental resist, how do you get it, and what creatures get it?
(08-01-2017, 03:13 AM)timtheenchanter Wrote: The magus gains elemental penetration for non elemental

Choose an element, such as dark, earth, fire, ice, light, lightning, water, or wind. Your spells of that element are especially potent, breaking through element resistance more readily than normal.
Benefit: Spells of the element you select are harder to resist. Any elemental resistance on a creature is considered 2 less when determining damage from a spell of the element you select.
Special: You can gain this feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new element.

Not sure if its a mistake, but if not, then I have so many questions. Is there such a thing as non elemental resist, how do you get it, and what creatures get it?

The crystal dragons and mimics are immune to non-elemental damage. The iron giant family has 10 non-elemental resistance. These are creatures I've made so I don't really know of any outside of that.
Those who wield red magic and blue magic are know as violet mages but very few are actually known and even fewer are actually masters of the violet magic.
(08-01-2017, 03:13 AM)timtheenchanter Wrote: The magus gains elemental penetration for non elemental

Its a mistake. I'll fix it.
(08-01-2017, 09:32 AM)Viladin Wrote:

Its a mistake. I'll fix it.

Awww. ; ;
The Kingsglaive chart states the enhancement of the glaive goes up by 2 every odd level, while the description states it goes up 1 each time.
I was looking over fighter advance talents and I noticed:
Devastating Melee Smash (Ex): Once per encounter, before making the fighter's attack roll, he may choose to add his fighter levels to damage with a melee weapon. If he misses, this attempt is wasted. This talent may be selected multiple times, each time granting one additional attempt per encounter. This talent may be selected multiple times, each time granting one additional attempt per day. Prerequisite: Melee Power
Is it one additional attempt per day or encounter or actually both?
The Ruby Magister's Infuse weapon works in a very odd way, assuming I'm reading it right.

Infuse Weapon (Su): A ruby magister can channel arcane energy into his chosen weapon. At 1st level and every two levels thereafter, the ruby magister may infuse a cumulative bonus to attack and damage into his weapon. The ruby magister may infuse a previously enchanted weapon as well, provided that the total bonus does not exceed half of the ruby magister’s class level (round down). For example, a 6th level ruby magister could add his +1 bonus to a longsword +2, since at 6th level any weapon he wields can have a total bonus of +3. A 6th level ruby magister could not, however, add his +1 bonus to a dagger +2, giant bane, since it is already a +3 weapon. He can perform this ability equal to 3 + his Charisma modifier times per day. The effects last for 3 rounds + Charisma modifier.

So, for example, if I'm a 9th level ruby magister, I can enchant a weapon with a +5, but the highest enchantment a weapon can have is +4 (9/2 = 4.5 round down)

is this half level limit only for weapons with an enhancement? If not then the ruby magister can't use the ability the level they obtain it.
(08-10-2017, 11:34 AM)timtheenchanter Wrote: The Ruby Magister's Infuse weapon works in a very odd way, assuming I'm reading it right.

Infuse Weapon (Su): A ruby magister can channel arcane energy into his chosen weapon. At 1st level and every two levels thereafter, the ruby magister may infuse a cumulative bonus to attack and damage into his weapon. The ruby magister may infuse a previously enchanted weapon as well, provided that the total bonus does not exceed half of the ruby magister’s class level (round down). For example, a 6th level ruby magister could add his +1 bonus to a longsword +2, since at 6th level any weapon he wields can have a total bonus of +3. A 6th level ruby magister could not, however, add his +1 bonus to a dagger +2, giant bane, since it is already a +3 weapon. He can perform this ability equal to 3 + his Charisma modifier times per day. The effects last for 3 rounds + Charisma modifier.

So, for example, if I'm a 9th level ruby magister, I can enchant a weapon with a +5, but the highest enchantment a weapon can have is +4 (9/2 = 4.5 round down)

is this half level limit only for weapons with an enhancement? If not then the ruby magister can't use the ability the level they obtain it.

I'll look into this. Smile
(08-04-2017, 12:02 PM)timtheenchanter Wrote: The Kingsglaive chart states the enhancement of the glaive goes up by 2 every odd level, while the description states it goes up 1 each time.

I will fix that Smile