Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Errors and Mistakes
(08-09-2017, 12:40 AM)Fortheseen Wrote: I was looking over fighter advance talents and I noticed:
Devastating Melee Smash (Ex): Once per encounter, before making the fighter's attack roll, he may choose to add his fighter levels to damage with a melee weapon. If he misses, this attempt is wasted. This talent may be selected multiple times, each time granting one additional attempt per encounter. This talent may be selected multiple times, each time granting one additional attempt per day. Prerequisite: Melee Power
Is it one additional attempt per day or encounter or actually both?

Should be one extra attempt per encounter. I'll fix that.
The invoker archetype for summoner gets MP based on what spell level they learned and the example it gives is a 5th level summoner has 4 MP but a 5th level summoner gets 3rd level spells
So is that a mistake or?
(08-13-2017, 10:04 PM)MrDeimos Wrote: The invoker archetype for summoner gets MP based on what spell level they learned and the example it gives is a 5th level summoner has 4 MP but a 5th level summoner gets 3rd level spells
So is that a mistake or?

Not a mistake: 

[color=#ffffff][font=Times New Roman]Diminished Spellcasting: [/font][/color][font=Times New Roman][color=#ffffff]An invoker gains fewer MP than normal equal to the spell level she gains. For example, a summoner of 5th level would only have 4 MP excluding extra MP from Charisma bonus.[/color][/font]
(08-14-2017, 11:20 PM)Viladin Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 10:04 PM)MrDeimos Wrote: The invoker archetype for summoner gets MP based on what spell level they learned and the example it gives is a 5th level summoner has 4 MP but a 5th level summoner gets 3rd level spells
So is that a mistake or?

Not a mistake: 

[color=#ffffff][font=Times New Roman]Diminished Spellcasting: [/font][/color][font=Times New Roman][color=#ffffff]An invoker gains fewer MP than normal equal to the spell level she gains. For example, a summoner of 5th level would only have 4 MP excluding extra MP from Charisma bonus.[/color][/font]

I guess I don't quite understand how to calculate the MP for an Invoker then...
When you gain a new spell level, you reduce the max MP gained by a number equal to that spell level. By the time you hit 17th level and learn 9th-level spells, you'll have taken off a total of 45 MP compared to the norm. The MP at each level would look something like this.

1st: 0
2nd: 1
3rd: 1
4th: 4
5th: 4
6th: 9
7th: 10
8th: 17
9th: 19
10th: 28
11th: 31
12th: 42
13th: 46
14th: 59
15th: 64
16th: 79
17th: 85
18th: 102
19th: 118
20th: 135

Of course, you still get your bonus MP as normal, and can even take the Extra MP feat as a way to help soften the blow. By 20th level, if you've gotten your casting ability up to a reasonable 30, you're still getting over 200 MP in total from that alone (204, to be exact). With Extra MP, you'll get twenty more on top of that.
(08-11-2017, 03:42 AM)Viladin Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 12:02 PM)timtheenchanter Wrote: The Kingsglaive chart states the enhancement of the glaive goes up by 2 every odd level, while the description states it goes up 1 each time.

I will fix that Smile

Which is the correct one? Someone in our group is playing one and he's right about to get it.
(08-17-2017, 11:29 PM)timtheenchanter Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 03:42 AM)Viladin Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 12:02 PM)timtheenchanter Wrote: The Kingsglaive chart states the enhancement of the glaive goes up by 2 every odd level, while the description states it goes up 1 each time.

I will fix that Smile

Which is the correct one? Someone in our group is playing one and he's right about to get it.

+2 every odd level.
Invoker class gains a pool of evolution points while invoked but lacks any clarification on what the evolutions are that it can spend them on, which ones can be chosen for each eidolon, and suggests but doesn't state that you gain this pool to spend each time you invoke (rather than once per level, like evolution points in the Evoker class).

Is this incomplete or a mistake, or am I missing something that is supposed to be obvious?

Attached Files
.pdf   Invoker.pdf (Size: 276.87 KB / Downloads: 0)
I noticed Suffocation for Necromancer is placed in the 4th level spell descriptions instead of the 5th level spells.
Those who wield red magic and blue magic are know as violet mages but very few are actually known and even fewer are actually masters of the violet magic.
(09-04-2017, 02:11 PM)Fortheseen Wrote: I noticed Suffocation for Necromancer is placed in the 4th level spell descriptions instead of the 5th level spells.

Dammit :p I'll fix that.

(09-04-2017, 01:37 AM)Pyromasta42 Wrote: Invoker class gains a pool of evolution points while invoked but lacks any clarification on what the evolutions are that it can spend them on, which ones can be chosen for each eidolon, and suggests but doesn't state that you gain this pool to spend each time you invoke (rather than once per level, like evolution points in the Evoker class).

Is this incomplete or a mistake, or am I missing something that is supposed to be ob

I'll get a work around on this. Basically, it uses the PF's version of Summoner for Evolution Points.
@Viladin I know this isn't an error or anything of the sort. I just thought I would at least thank you for keeping the website going and helping out them FF fans who want to live that adventure on paper and pen(or mobile/pc). I know this must take some time out of your schedule but I've enjoy playing and making creatures for this game.
Those who wield red magic and blue magic are know as violet mages but very few are actually known and even fewer are actually masters of the violet magic.
(09-05-2017, 05:36 PM)Fortheseen Wrote: @Viladin I know this isn't an error or anything of the sort. I just thought I would at least thank you for keeping the website going and helping out them FF fans who want to live that adventure on paper and pen(or mobile/pc). I know this must take some time out of your schedule but I've enjoy playing and making creatures for this game.

Thank you =) Glad you enjoy it.
(09-05-2017, 05:36 PM)Fortheseen Wrote: @Viladin I know this isn't an error or anything of the sort. I just thought I would at least thank you for keeping the website going and helping out them FF fans who want to live that adventure on paper and pen(or mobile/pc). I know this must take some time out of your schedule but I've enjoy playing and making creatures for this game.

Yes, this. I totally agree. Thank you so much Viladin, FF was my introduction to roleplaying stating with FF 1 on release day. It has been a staple in my life ever sense. I cant wait to become a bigger part of this community and help it grow.
Maybe I just don't understand the spell, but I feel there is an error somewhere in this spell.

Temporal Abstraction
Chronomancy
Level: Time Mage 9
Casting Time: 5 rounds
Range: Personal
Targets: You
Duration: Instantaneous

This spell concentrates time, releasing it in a single burst in the round the caster finishes casting the spell. Following the completion of this spell, the caster receives his normal action for that round (plus any additional actions the character may be receiving from haste spells etc.) In addition, the caster receives 1d10 bonus partial actions that he may use either before, or after, his normal actions that round.

What is a partial action? I'm assuming there is either a clarification that didn't get made, or something was incorrectly worded. It just seems strange, mostly because I've never heard of partial actions, and haste doesn't grant additional actions.
(09-11-2017, 09:53 PM)timtheenchanter Wrote: Maybe I just don't understand the spell, but I feel there is an error somewhere in this spell.

Temporal Abstraction
Chronomancy

This spell concentrates time, releasing it in a single burst in the round the caster finishes casting the spell. Following the completion of this spell, the caster receives his normal action for that round (plus any additional actions the character may be receiving from haste spells etc.) In addition, the caster receives 1d10 bonus partial actions that he may use either before, or after, his normal actions that round.

What is a partial action? I'm assuming there is either a clarification that didn't get made, or something was incorrectly worded. It just seems strange, mostly because I've never heard of partial actions, and haste doesn't grant additional actions.

It just needs clarification. You gain 1d10 additional actions, standard/move/swift. Partial being that you can choose one of these as your additional action.
Oh, it looks like I already did fix it.

Temporal Abstraction
Chronomancy

This spell concentrates time, releasing it in a single burst in the round the caster finishes casting the spell. Following the completion of this spell, the caster receives his normal action for that round (plus any additional actions the character may be receiving from haste spells etc.) In addition, the caster receives 1d10 bonus standard actions that he may use either before, or after, his normal actions that round.
The Monk gets a Ki Pool at 4th level, and in that description it mentions Ki Strike

"Ki Pool (Su): At 4th level, a monk gains a pool of ki points, supernatural energy she can use to accomplish amazing feats. The number of points in a monk's ki pool is equal to 1/2 her monk level + her Wisdom modifier. As long as she has at least 1 point in her ki pool, she can make a ki strike. At 3rd level, ki strike allows her unarmed attacks to be treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. At 7th level, her unarmed attacks are also treated as cold iron and silver for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. At 10th level, her unarmed attacks are also treated as lawful weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. At 16th level, her unarmed attacks are treated as adamantine weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction and bypassing hardness."

is Ki Strike an action, or is it just a buff to all his attacks as long as he has at least one Ki?

Also, why does he get the first ki strike ability 1 level BEFORE he gets a Ki pool?

ADD: While were at it, no Extra Ki Powers Feat?
(09-21-2017, 09:31 PM)timtheenchanter Wrote: The Monk gets a Ki Pool at 4th level, and in that description it mentions Ki Strike

"Ki Pool (Su): At 4th level, a monk gains a pool of ki points, supernatural energy she can use to accomplish amazing feats. The number of points in a monk's ki pool is equal to 1/2 her monk level + her Wisdom modifier. As long as she has at least 1 point in her ki pool, she can make a ki strike. At 3rd level, ki strike allows her unarmed attacks to be treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. At 7th level, her unarmed attacks are also treated as cold iron and silver for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. At 10th level, her unarmed attacks are also treated as lawful weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. At 16th level, her unarmed attacks are treated as adamantine weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction and bypassing hardness."

is Ki Strike an action, or is it just a buff to all his attacks as long as he has at least one Ki?

Also, why does he get the first ki strike ability 1 level BEFORE he gets a Ki pool?

ADD: While were at it, no Extra Ki Powers Feat?

Its a buff.

Its a mistake, should be 4th.

And I'll add an Extra Ki Powers feat right now.
The Invoker gains a selection of abilities when they invoke, and two are weird. At 18th level, they may gain some kind of fortification, it says moderate, then lists 75%, but moderate fortification is only 50%.

second, at 18th level, they may gain slippery mind, which is cool, but ultimately useless when compared to immunity to mind-effecting affects, which is all that slippery mind protects you from and more, and is another 18th level choice for them.

ADD: also, slippery mind protects you from enchantment spells and effects, which is a school of magic that doesn't exist in FFd20
Not a rules error, but the link for the Sword Captain archetype leads to the wrong page. The URL that it sends you to ends in "wword-captain" rather than "sword-captain", so it should be an easy fix.