Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guado - Hume Heritage Variant
Let me begin by saying that I chose to do the Guado as a heritage variant and not a full blown race based strictly on the idea that they can interbreed with humans, which is made painfully obvious in Final Fantasy X.

Guado Heritage: The Guado are wooden and elvish in appearance with long limbs, oversized hands with claw like nails, prominent veins on their faces, and hair resembling flora. They gain a +2 to Dexterity or Wisdom They are keen to the scent of the Farplane, which grants a Guado an automatic Search check to spot an Unsent as if they were actively looking for it. Of all the races in Spira, the Guado are physically the fastest and gain a +10 to base land speed.

They have access to their own "Ancient Guado" language which cannot be taken as a base language but can be learn as normal.

Guados' massive claw-like hands serve as a natural weapon attack and can deal 1d6 damage.

This racial heritage replaces the normal hume ability modifiers gained, the Bonus Feat and the skilled racial trait.
The Hume Heritages actually don't alter their racial stat bonus, just limit what it can be put in (so you'd be able to choose +2 Dex or Wisdom), otherwise it is built closer to an actually separate race. For instance the Al Bhed just choose Dex OR Int to increase, and Cetra just boost Wis or Cha.

Since you get 2 claws they typically just deal 1d4 damage, d8 is a bit high. Even if they were limited to one it should probably only be a d6, which is the damage of a medium-sized slam attack.
Ah, I was reading the Al-Bhed and Cetra wrong. That makes much more sense.
And the Claws were supposed to be a little high, but they were supposed to be a D6, Mostly to represent the shear SIZE of them; as though they were a large creature.
I'll make some changes.

Thanks for pointing that stuff out
I like it. Smile