Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engineer Crafting Confusion
When Engineer reaches level 5, the player gains Craft Wondrous Items (then later Craft Magic Arms and Armor then Craft Construct). In the description of Crafting Expertise it says "In order to add a special ability to an item, he must have access to the prerequisite spells, either through use of a magical item or cast by another spellcaster." I'm confused on a couple points here.

1. Does the Craft Wondrous Items bonus feat cover the magical accessories listed on the Magical Accessories page?

2. Taking into consideration that FFd20 and PF don't have the same spells, if using Craft Wondrous Items (and by extension Craft Magic Arms and Armor or Craft Construct) to create a magical item from the Pathfinder books, what spells does the Engineer need access to?
(04-13-2014, 12:31 PM)Hiromaniac Wrote: When Engineer reaches level 5, the player gains Craft Wondrous Items (then later Craft Magic Arms and Armor then Craft Construct). In the description of Crafting Expertise it says "In order to add a special ability to an item, he must have access to the prerequisite spells, either through use of a magical item or cast by another spellcaster." I'm confused on a couple points here.

1. Does the Craft Wondrous Items bonus feat cover the magical accessories listed on the Magical Accessories page?

2. Taking into consideration that FFd20 and PF don't have the same spells, if using Craft Wondrous Items (and by extension Craft Magic Arms and Armor or Craft Construct) to create a magical item from the Pathfinder books, what spells does the Engineer need access to?

1. It does, though, I'm considering of just melding Accessories into Wonderous Items now.

2. Something similar, or DM's discretion.
Alright. Thanks for the clarification and keep up the good work.