Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Materia Leveling
I am curious as to the leveling of materia. The minimum is 0, and they get 1/10 xp that you get, which makes sense. But for a level 0 common materia to become level 1 it takes 500 exp, which is 5,000 player exp. It is stated that leveling goes by the DnD 3.5 PHB experience, so 5,000 exp is nearly lvl 3.

So say you have a level 0 dark materia at level 1, you would be nearly 3 when you get the level 1 dark materia. So at level 3 you would get +1 dark damage. Then at 1,000 exp it becomes a lvl 2 dark materia, which is 10,000 player experience, which is level 5. So at level 5, you would get +1d6 dark damage added on.

(this is all assuming you are leveling your materia as you go, and not just buying a better one)

Just wondering if the numbers are as intended. Gaining +1d6 damage at level 5 seems low, but i guess you are also getting class abilities, so it is a nice bonus. Just curious on your thoughts behind it.

Giz
(10-23-2012, 07:15 AM)Gizmo Wrote: I am curious as to the leveling of materia. The minimum is 0, and they get 1/10 xp that you get, which makes sense. But for a level 0 common materia to become level 1 it takes 500 exp, which is 5,000 player exp. It is stated that leveling goes by the DnD 3.5 PHB experience, so 5,000 exp is nearly lvl 3.

So say you have a level 0 dark materia at level 1, you would be nearly 3 when you get the level 1 dark materia. So at level 3 you would get +1 dark damage. Then at 1,000 exp it becomes a lvl 2 dark materia, which is 10,000 player experience, which is level 5. So at level 5, you would get +1d6 dark damage added on.

(this is all assuming you are leveling your materia as you go, and not just buying a better one)

Just wondering if the numbers are as intended. Gaining +1d6 damage at level 5 seems low, but i guess you are also getting class abilities, so it is a nice bonus. Just curious on your thoughts behind it.

Giz

It was alot harder before. Its a little hard to balance. And honestly, at lvl 5, getting any +1d6 extra damage is HIGH in my book as a DM. Usually, for me, between levels 1-6, you should only be getting +1 weapons and minor magic items. :p
(10-23-2012, 09:17 AM)Viladin Wrote:
(10-23-2012, 07:15 AM)Gizmo Wrote: I am curious as to the leveling of materia. The minimum is 0, and they get 1/10 xp that you get, which makes sense. But for a level 0 common materia to become level 1 it takes 500 exp, which is 5,000 player exp. It is stated that leveling goes by the DnD 3.5 PHB experience, so 5,000 exp is nearly lvl 3.

Giz

It was alot harder before. Its a little hard to balance. And honestly, at lvl 5, getting any +1d6 extra damage is HIGH in my book as a DM. Usually, for me, between levels 1-6, you should only be getting +1 weapons and minor magic items. :p

Ya, and the classes are a lot different from DnD ones. I enjoy the abilities everyone gets, it seems like a lot of the classes are less item based, so I can understand the lower damage.