Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shadow damage draining spells.
Heya,

If someone was to cast Vampiric touch, or fighting a creature like the Vampire Bat that uses blood drain, both of which says it is Shadow Damage. Someone at the game is under the impression that because it is a drain spell you cant resist said spell with your resistance. Just wondering if you can tell us exactly how that would work. The way I think it would work. IMO Vampire bat uses bloood drain and rolls 1d6, it comes up 3. Your resistance is 2 so you would take 1 damage, and the vampire bat would heal only 1 point because he did only do 1 point of damage not 3. Or same thing with Vampiric touch, they roll 2d6 get 10 points, say you resist 6 points of it they would only do 4 points of damage not 10, and therefore only gain 4 temporary hit points. And if your resistance were greater than their damage rolled then their would be no effect of damage or healing.

All effects that I see that do draining of hp is shadow, is their a type of drain of hp that is not shadow?
(07-13-2013, 06:20 PM)Landerkd Wrote: Heya,

If someone was to cast Vampiric touch, or fighting a creature like the Vampire Bat that uses blood drain, both of which says it is Shadow Damage. Someone at the game is under the impression that because it is a drain spell you cant resist said spell with your resistance. Just wondering if you can tell us exactly how that would work. The way I think it would work. IMO Vampire bat uses bloood drain and rolls 1d6, it comes up 3. Your resistance is 2 so you would take 1 damage, and the vampire bat would heal only 1 point because he did only do 1 point of damage not 3. Or same thing with Vampiric touch, they roll 2d6 get 10 points, say you resist 6 points of it they would only do 4 points of damage not 10, and therefore only gain 4 temporary hit points. And if your resistance were greater than their damage rolled then their would be no effect of damage or healing.

All effects that I see that do draining of hp is shadow, is their a type of drain of hp that is not shadow?

Correct. Using your example, Bat deals 3 shadow damage, you have shadow resistance 2, you take 1 shadow damage, bat heals only 1 hit point. Same with Vampiric Touch.
shadow damage=dark element right? so elemental resistance counts then.