Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathfinder Conversions done so far:
I'm not trying to sound rude, but if you want to play FF Tactics D20 then make your own class. If your GMs don't want to use house rules then that's not a problem with the system. At first I really disliked Spell Combat for the Pathfinder class the Magus but I didn't tell Paizo a bunch of times to change it into something else just because I didn't think it fit the image of "magic/melee guy" I had in my head.

I highly doubt Viladin is going to turn the Holy Knight into strictly the Tactics class as that would clash with the rest of the system which is, as ZeronosVega pointed out, supposed to be an amalgam of a bunch of different variations of the classes. The idea is the Holy Knight class is obviously supposed to emulate both the Holy Knights from Tactics and Paladins like Cecil and the ones from XI. If you don't like the spells or LoH then don't use them, I've seen guys go entire campaigns without using their Paladin's spells except outside of combat in D&D games before. I'll admit, I don't like the Smite or LoH even for the Cecil style Paladin so if those could be exchanged for something else then I guess that would be fine(Spells should always stay as to keep the Cecil/FF XI feel that it's meant to have) but Viladin already does a lot of work on this system ad I'm not about to ask him to completely change a class.

A thought does come to mind though, since Viladin is converting to Pathfinder why don't you see about making a Holy Knight Archetype that trades some things like Smite and LoH for more Tactics style stuff? Might be easier than asking Viladin to change an entire base class. That's the glory of Archetypes, they can solve a lot of problems.

On that note, Archetypes/Alternate Classes could theoretically remove the whole need for prestige classes in this system. Some of the Prestige Classes could just be modified into Archetypes, like Samurai being a Fighter Archetype maybe, or Ninja being a Thief Archetype. Just a thought that came to me during this.
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
- Magus, Chrono Trigger

Messages In This Thread
Pathfinder Conversions done so far: - by Viladin - 02-15-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: Pathfinder Conversions done so far: - by chaoticangel97 - 03-09-2013, 12:56 PM