Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathfinder Conversions done so far:
(03-03-2013, 03:43 AM)Alpha Stryke Wrote: Hey,

I don't see any difference between these Pathfinder conversions and the earlier classes. For instance, the Holy Knight looks exactly the same. What am I missing?

Some of the classes already took inspiration from the Pathfinder materials. As such, certain classes didn't need require any alterations to allow for them to fit within the Pathfinder OGC.

(03-03-2013, 03:43 AM)Alpha Stryke Wrote: Also, I don't think there is need for a Pathfinder conversion AND a normal d20 one. Just use the d20 OGL rules and make whatever class you want, without concern for needing to balance it out with D&D 3.5e or Pathfinder material.

The material is balanced against these existing materials because it gives a basis to start out with. You have to remember, ripping Final Fantasy material straight from the game and sticking it into a table-top environment simply won't work. They are two different kinds of games with different rules and gameplay elements to consider. Are the classes going to be similar to what exists in the Pathfinder? Surely, but why try and re-invent the wheel when most of the existing material actually portrays the FF abilities rather well.

Also, I'm quite positive that the Pathfinder version, when completed, will be the main version of this fan-game with the D&D 3.5 materials still hanging around for those who would prefer them.

(03-03-2013, 03:43 AM)Alpha Stryke Wrote: Lastly, could you at least consider revising the HK and DK classes (again, I know!) to include Sword Techs starting from level 1 instead level 5, and powering them up, because they were very powerful in the video games? To balance it out you can remove white magic spells and other paladin type stuff like smite and lay on hands, etc. The HK was always a full on offensive class, unlike the Paladin which has always been defensive.

Call me traditional, but I feel that removing White Magic from a Paladin would be removing one of their notable abilities. Admittedly, Sword Techs aren't so much a Paladin ability as they were a Holy Knight (Final Fantasy Tactics)/Divine Knight ability. In regards to FFd20, they used to belong to the Divine Knight prestige class before Viladin decided to drop it and move the abilities to the Paladin.

If you want to portray more of a Divine Knight, talk with your GM or, if you are the GM, you are free to adjust the classes to your liking. Remember, the classes in this system are an amalgamation of the different instances of a class (or similar classes) throughout all of Final Fantasy.

Messages In This Thread
Pathfinder Conversions done so far: - by Viladin - 02-15-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: Pathfinder Conversions done so far: - by ZeronosVega - 03-03-2013, 10:07 AM