Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Culinarian Changes?
I know ever since I brought this up this has been at the top of everyone's thoughts, for sure.  So to put minds at ease I did a little more experimentation and ... converted Culinarian to Fighter!  Yes, cooking is delicious chemistry, but the Chemist class just doesn't really work for this.  So I did some work and comparison and came up with this:

1st    Chosen Weapon, Recipes, Iron Chef, Limit Breaks
2nd  Fighter Talent, Iron Stomach
3rd   Meals
4th   Fighter Talent, Using the Good Silver
5th    Gourmet Cooking, Weapon Guard
6th    Fighter Talent, Robust Physique
7th    Backswing, Fullfilling Snacks
8th    Fighter Talent, Secure Weaponry
9th    Feast of the Damned, Tenacious Grip
10th  War Cry, Fighter Talent
11th   Retaliation, Autonomic Grasp
12th  Fighter Advanced Talent
13th  Weapon Unity
14th  Fighter Advanced Talent
15th  Complex Recipes, Combat Composure
16th  Fighter Advanced Talent
17th  Instant Meal, Flawless Technique
18th  Fighter Advanced Talent
19th  Leftovers, Assured Strike
20th Fighter Advanced Talent, Top of the Food Chain

It's a Fighter archetype now, so Fighter BaB and Saves.

I cut two abilities without replacements.  The first is Always Full.  It feels very tacked on- like why would a class whose whole thing is about making food and eating not have to eat.  Also a first level ability that's a slightly less good Ring of Sustenance is kind of ridiculous.

And the other ability I didn't replace was Piledriver.  It barely made sense for Fighter and it's just not necessary with this build.  You can see the emphasis on the weapons, it's more effective as a full BaB that further buffs itself- all round it's been a big improvement and a more fun build for the character without being overwhelming.

Still kind of a debate on the meals/Payout.  On one hand the class is already more combat capable so having the Payout trigger on every attack feels like a very Limited Rage effect on top of the recipes, but on the other hand Meals are still kind of underwhelming.  But overall it's a big improvement.

Messages In This Thread
Culinarian Changes? - by Lanse - 05-03-2020, 12:57 AM
RE: Culinarian Changes? - by Lanse - 06-10-2020, 04:40 PM