Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clarity needed for Blademaster (Sword Saint Archetype)
So, the Blademaster gets "Blade Techniques" and "Combo Finishers."  Do these Blade Techniques all need to be successful attacks for the Combo Finishers to be made legal to activate?  It feels a bit strong that I can attack 3 times, miss with any or all of them, and then have my fourth attack be: 

Quote:[color=#000000][font=Times New Roman]Cross Slash (Ex):[/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Times New Roman] (Requires Slash → Slash → Slash) This combo finisher allows the blademaster to slash his opponent multiple times rending unseen cuts onto them. The blademaster makes a single melee attack as part of this combo finisher. If this attack hits, the blademaster deals triple weapon damage.[/font][/color]

It does not say anywhere that my Blade Techniques need to be successful hits, but I feel like it would kind of make sense with how strong some of the finishers are.

Also, would the damage of these abilities be multiplied by a critical hit? E.g. Cross Slash deal 12d6 damage on a critical hit with a greatsword. The normal increase to damage isn't stated as being "additional damage" or "precision damage" that usually does not get multiplied on a critical.

Thanks for any input.

Messages In This Thread
Clarity needed for Blademaster (Sword Saint Archetype) - by Ashbury137 - 12-27-2017, 12:25 AM