Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gaian-Lunar Waltz (FFd20 setting)
So, I've been tinkering with a custom setting myself, and would like a few suggestions for it. I'll be adding bits of writing as it comes to me, and I'm also going to be making up some of my own creatures as well, like homebrewing C'ieth and Long Gui; it's going to be including Ivalice, Gran Pulse, and Terra (which is an amalgam of all the NotAsia places the franchise typically has), and I'll also include the moon itself eventually. Here's the Google Doc, if you wanna have a look, and you can leave suggestions there as well. Currently, this is just copypasta from the doc, and I'll have it all divided into different posts.

Setting
The world of Gaia is one steeped in magic and violence. Though they were not its creators, the Eidolons of Gaia were, are, and forever will be its faithful guardians. It was twelve centuries ago that this faithfulness was put to the test; though Gaia has two moons, one of them is not its own. Luna, as the moon is called, is the remnants of another planet, one that was old and grey, being used as a vessel for that world’s Eidolons and what is left of its races to venture in search of a new home. They chose Gaia, and saw that it was already inhabited by Eidolons and intelligent people, ones they saw unfit for populating what they wanted to be their new home. An invasion was started, and the ripples of the clashing of these godlike beings is still felt to this very day. The land was carved and seared, vivified and withered, healed and poisoned by their might.

Headed by the holy war goddess Asura, the Gaian Eidolons and their legions of mortals had managed to fend off the assault of the Lunar Eidolons, but for many of them, at a terrible price. Eidolons were sealed away, locked together, or even killed, along with armies upon armies of their beloved mortal followers, to defend the places they held so dear.

Messages In This Thread
The Gaian-Lunar Waltz (FFd20 setting) - by Manly Man - 01-21-2016, 04:22 PM