Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miscellaneous Questions/comments
I dont want to keep making new threads, so here's a few.

1) How do you all handle the cosmology in your games? I personally play that each game represents a planet in a solar system, with Gaia 1, Gaia 2, etc representing the appropriately numbered game. I've noticed that there isn't much in the way of planar travel, so I've ruled that in my games, no one ever really developed it, so the barrier between that area of the universe has a stronger barrier between it and The Weave, (creating the difference in the magic systems) and is mostly locked away from planets such as Golarion, Faerun, Greyhawk, Eberron, etc. People on those planets can't travel to the Gaias because they don't know they exist. BUT, the lovely spell X-Zone plane shifts the victim to random planets and planes. So, once they find a way back, it opens a sort of bridge. The more people play as wayward characters, the easier it will be to incorporate it further. I currently have a Qu Blue Mage that such events happened b leaving him stranded in Rise of The Runelords. But once he eats a monster with planar capabilities, she will be able to return.

2) Materia. Does anyone have homerules for applying more than one materia to weapons and armor? Maybe a special ability, ranging from a +1 to +5, allowing for the same number of extra materia to be junctioned? And would it be a cheap manner to just throw each different one on a separate shuriken, and throw them each once in battle?

3) Magitek. How does one improve their maneuverability to Perfect? Would the feat, Improved Maneuverability from Draconomicon be able to be applied? And could a SOLDIER/Magitek Pilot be able to channel his SOLDIER Techs through the mech? Would the armor impede spell casting? Can i junction materia to the armors and weapons of the Mech?

4) Balance. Has anyone used FFD20 classes in predominantly Pathfinder games? How do the classes compare to their counterparts in play?

5) Mythic. Does Vil have plans to make specific rules for mythic? I think materia and magitek open up a lot of potential for new abilities.

6) Skills. Is there anywhere a collectuon of all the skills thay FFD20 utilizes that Pathfinder does not?

7) Pdf's. I think that a new pdf including all Magitek, Engineer, Al Bhed, Shindroid, and other machine-based rules that arent incuded in the primary book would be a neat idea. Sort of like a machine-based expansion book.

8) The Forums. First of all, this is remarkable. All of the work that you guys have put into this is astounding, and i'm really happy to be part of it.

9) Open Games? I dont have skype, and can pretty much only do play by post, but i would love to run/join a game if there are any open, or a small group that would be interested in an idea. I really want a FF6 Magitek-based game, or a Turks based game off the top of my head.

Messages In This Thread
Miscellaneous Questions/comments - by PocketsMeow - 07-17-2015, 06:12 PM
RE: Miscellaneous Questions/comments - by Viladin - 07-19-2015, 07:10 PM