Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permanency
As a spell it seems to be pretty broad. I have an Arithmetician (from Scholar/Time Mage) that has access to this spell and I am wondering the limitations of it.

Spell description for reference:

This spell makes the duration of other spells permanent. You first cast the desired spell and then follow it with the permanency spell. Depending on the spell, you must be of a minimum caster level to cast the spell and must expend a specific gil value (2,000 gil x spell level) of diamond dust as a material component. Permanency can only be dispelled only by a caster of higher level than you were when you cast the spell.

So if I wanted to cast all the +6 ability score spells (like Mithra's Grace) that would be 8,000 gil per spell? Or 48000 gil. This is substantially less expensive that purchasing the corresponding magic items. I am not sure if that is by design (since it seems like few casters would specialize in White/Time magic) or if there is a limitation I am not aware of?

Any thoughts on this for the GMs out there? Any thoughts from the players?
---
The original concept of my character was not meant to exploit this power (mostly I was trying to boost my Initiative score- which is a lovely 27+ at level 16) but the character is written with a "munchkin" background and would TOTALLY exploit this given half an opportunity. I actually regret bringing this to my GMs attention since it seems likely he will reduce the effectiveness of it.

Messages In This Thread
Permanency - by What's in the box? - 07-17-2015, 01:46 PM
RE: Permanency - by PocketsMeow - 07-17-2015, 05:45 PM
RE: Permanency - by PocketsMeow - 07-17-2015, 05:47 PM
RE: Permanency - by dairius_chi - 07-17-2015, 07:36 PM
RE: Permanency - by What's in the box? - 07-18-2015, 08:52 AM
RE: Permanency - by dairius_chi - 07-18-2015, 03:20 PM