Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrolls and gaining new spells
Standard Scrolls rarely have seen use due to every class being able to, eventually, know every spell, and while the MP pools end up with less spells than a standard PF caster would have, it's entirely up to you how many of each level you use... also this system encourages Metamagic use since it's much better than either version (prepared or spontaneous) from PF.

That said- I would run it with Option #3 myself, but due to many Alchemical Items replicating spells (like a Bomb Fragment acting as Fire III) I think the baseline intention is for there to only be the one kind of scroll, with the overridden cost, that only teaches spells and cannot be used to learn them.

#3 is how I'd run things, but I'd feel a need to make a different designation than 'Scroll' for the ones that are consumed to cast the spell stored within. In 3.5 there were some splatbooks with stuff like a Fetish(example would be a bone carved with runes, that stores a spell, and is cast when broken), or Runestones I think were a think... just small rocks you basically write a scroll on. I mean having two types of Scrolls can work... just a little messy.

Messages In This Thread
Scrolls and gaining new spells - by Ziere - 06-14-2015, 02:37 PM
RE: Scrolls and gaining new spells - by dairius_chi - 06-14-2015, 03:50 PM
RE: Scrolls and gaining new spells - by Ziere - 06-14-2015, 04:34 PM
RE: Scrolls and gaining new spells - by Viladin - 06-14-2015, 11:01 PM