Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Esperling/ Half Esper
I've actually been kicking around an idea about this myself...

My idea involves using the various planetouched races as a base, though most of the time the character would look entirely human, much how Terra does in the game. Then, using a "trance" they can tap into their planar (esper) heritage and gain the bonuses applicable to the planetouched chosen. The Trance would use 1 daily use of their Limit Break, and last for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 the character level rounded down. This way at lower levels, especially 1, it is more beneficial for the character to use their Limit Break, but at higher levels it becomes more beneficial to use the Trance for the bonuses it provides.

Basically the character would be rolled as a standard Hume, with the stipulation being that the +2 they place be one of the bonuses provided by the planetouched involved (for example, if the player chooses Ifrit as the plane touched they can put the +2 in either Dex or Cha). When tranced the character then gets the full racial mods for the planetouched (using Ifrit as an example again, +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, and –2 Wisdom.) as well as the other features granted including fire resistance, the SLA, Fire Affinity, and Darkvision. I feel that since this eats a use of their Limit Break there is no need to impose Fatigue at the end of the duration. I would go so far as to work a damage bonus into the spells of the element involved with the Affinity (fire for Ifrits, healing for Aasimar, Dark for Tieflings, Earth for Oreads, etc). When not tranced though the character would function as a typical hume, with no bonuses aside from the free feat and extra skill points. Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
Esperling/ Half Esper - by What's in the box? - 10-06-2014, 11:22 PM
RE: Esperling/ Half Esper - by Gizmo - 10-07-2014, 06:07 AM
RE: Esperling/ Half Esper - by What's in the box? - 07-08-2015, 03:10 PM
RE: Esperling/ Half Esper - by Zwordsman - 07-08-2015, 07:22 PM
RE: Esperling/ Half Esper - by What's in the box? - 07-08-2015, 08:34 PM
RE: Esperling/ Half Esper - by Shield Wolf - 04-13-2016, 09:58 PM
RE: Esperling/ Half Esper - by What's in the box? - 04-21-2016, 11:09 AM