Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question about archetypes
(07-30-2014, 12:43 PM)timtheenchanter Wrote: Ok, its been a bit since I last played 9, so i don't remember much about her (except that she didn't have a dragon, or at least not in combat) so I was a little confused with that.

As a counter argument to the Gria, the class gives you wings, so thats a little moot. That being said my only counter argument for bangaa (and a terrible one at that) is that lizards are kinda dragony, and if you have a draconic lineage, you'd be pissed if someone called you a lizard too. its that tiny string of logic that made me even mention them, but i get it.

I'm mostly asking to learn rather than criticize, so the imput is greatly apriciated.
Yup, not criticizing, just throwin out my opinion as to why its available to Bermecians, and not the others. Overall the gria don't seem all that dragon like to me.(Though their description ins FFTA2 says "With wings of a dragon and a powerful tail), but Dragoon wasn't available to the Gria in that game, nor any other race besides bangaa. And I could see why a Bangaa would get upset, but, if the Bangaa do have a relation with Dragons, its probably far removed. All that being said, it all goes back to my original point. Freya was the only major character from the FF universe that had similar abilities(sans dragon pet), so it makes sense that it would only be available to her race. But I do see both sides of the coin and I could see this being viable for bangaa and gria, but each race does have their own respective archetypes. (Ex. Ironskin Monk, Redeemer, etc).

Edit: Yup, I beat you to it VIl. I was quite proud of myself actually. xD

Messages In This Thread
A question about archetypes - by timtheenchanter - 07-29-2014, 09:51 PM
RE: A question about archetypes - by Luphey - 07-30-2014, 09:08 AM
RE: A question about archetypes - by Viladin - 07-30-2014, 10:54 AM
RE: A question about archetypes - by silverwerret - 07-30-2014, 09:33 AM
RE: A question about archetypes - by Viladin - 07-30-2014, 03:07 PM
RE: A question about archetypes - by Luphey - 07-30-2014, 03:37 PM