Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difference between holy knight and sword saint?
Well, if it was 25 damage on a critical that still seems plausible I guess... sure it's a lot but that relies on high stats, can only be used once per round, and has limited uses per day. But yeah, 25+ damage is a bit for a single attack at level 4 if it's something they can do every round.

DR 15 or 20? At level 4? This doesn't sound like a healthy GM/Player relationship. Just an impartial opinion from someone not connected to the situation. Could be other factors I'm not getting but... if a party is strong sending stuff specifically designed to beat them down isn't how a good GM handles it, you just have to face them with challenges that can't be overcome by raw damage.

Apparently they like to smash their way through puzzles, not a lot of easy ways to counteract that I guess, but you guys really need to have a sit down and address this stuff before it ends up killing your gaming experience... I've played under a GM like that before, who thinks being good at what you do shouldn't be allowed, the game was the GM trying to kill us and us having to survive the ordeals. It wasn't fun, it didn't make anyone feel good besides the sadistic GM, it is not how games are supposed to go.

Just to note: Not sure if the Chemist in question(Moogle) has feats meant to increase bomb damage, but a commonly overlooked ruling is that Deadly Aim would in fact not work for Bombs as they are ranged touch attacks- I don't know how your character is built but if that was how you got some of your damage it wouldn't work. Only mentioned it because I've made that mistake before.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Difference between holy knight and sword saint? - by dairius_chi - 07-25-2014, 07:52 PM