Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent Thoughts
I'll admit that I've never cared for the alignment feature in games such as D&D and Pathfinder. Instead, I preferred the allegiance system found in d20, where you could have your characters pick the classic alignment markers or you could choose a group, philosophy or something else. It's a little bit more friendly for the table-top environment, I feel.

In regards to Final Fantasy, while the games main characters in these games are definitely cut-and-dry in terms of their alignment, I find that campaigns are often more dynamic in their approach. But even still, if you wanted a Final Fantasy example where the classic alignment system didn't entirely pan out was in FFIV. Basically, Cecil was a Dark Knight but stopped following the orders of his King. In terms of the game, he would no longer be Lawful Evil which would then make him a less-effective Knight.

But I can agree with you, chaoticangel97, in that, while certain classic class abilities translate well, I don't think the old-school smites cut it in this sort of game. Actually, even D&D 3.5 had problems with them and while Pathfinder gave them a necessary buff, only some of the problem was remedied.

Messages In This Thread
Recent Thoughts - by chaoticangel97 - 04-10-2013, 04:39 PM
RE: Recent Thoughts - by ZeronosVega - 04-10-2013, 08:02 PM