Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Itching to get back into it, but...
(01-27-2013, 10:18 AM)ZeronosVega Wrote:
(01-27-2013, 01:46 AM)Viladin Wrote: I've been playing in Pathfinder games, so I've come to love the system as it is. And of course, I've borrowed heavily from Pathfinder classes already. It shouldn't take much other than making sure I've combed through everything to be Pathfinder-converted. Just worried of alienating people who don't like Pathfinder or just want to stick with 3.5.

Admittedly, I've never played Pathfinder but I have heard good things about the system. If possible, could you tell us what some of the obvious changes to the system would be if it were switched over to a Pathfinder base?

I will also note that I don't have any particular loyalties to D&D v.3.5, though I do enjoy the variety of feats it offers. I guess you could say that 3.5 is a great repository for additional content.

Pathfinder changes that I can remember: (and that I liked)
Different (better imo) point buy system
+1 to two different stats at every 4 levels instead of 1.
Dropping of the Concentration skill, now every caster has it ingrained.
Tiny level bonuses that you can upgrade, like for example, the generic one is either add 1 skill point or 1 hit point every level. There are class ones too.
A system that handles all combat maneuvers, like Trip, Grapple, Bull Rush, etc.
Skill system (I didn't quite like this one, but it sorta works) is slightly different. You no longer get X4 at level 1, but each skill that you put at least 1 rank in becomes Trained and gains +3 bonus.

Messages In This Thread
Itching to get back into it, but... - by Viladin - 01-25-2013, 10:08 PM
RE: Itching to get back into it, but... - by Viladin - 01-27-2013, 10:28 AM