Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airship Reference Material
Viladin,

I just wanted to bring awareness to the fact that you could look towards the Star Wars: Saga Edition books as a reference for airships, including statblocks, combat, upgrades, etc.

And while not in a table-top gaming format, I would like to mention Skies of Arcadia as another potential influence for all things airship. In particular, for ship components (i.e. upgrades/modifications) with a particular focus on the ability to make use of magic during such battles. An example found in the game is that casters can use the same buffing magic used in standard battles on ships, too. And with a certain storyline-based upgrade, you can infuse cannon shells with magic spells. And then there are super-weapons, which somewhat function like limit breaks (as they can only be used when you meet certain conditions in a battle).

And once the airships are in a functional form, there could be a prestige class which is based on airship operation. Again, Star Wars: Saga Edition has a good basis if you need a point of reference (See: Ace Pilot). This easily fits certain characters from Final Fantasy and adds another utility prestige class and would make airship combat easier for some parties.

Just my two cents. Also, happy holidays, everyone!
That's a pretty good idea. I like skies of arcadia.
(12-25-2012, 09:06 PM)Nihilarian Wrote: That's a pretty good idea. I like skies of arcadia.

I've been playing Skies of Arcadia Legends again. I'm trying for a Vyse the Legend run and I've been having a blast. I always loved how the game tweaked many of the typical turn-based RPG mechanics, giving them a rather fresh feel. Plus, who doesn't love the airship combat? Especially when you get your final ship... Heart
In looking for supplements for poisons, I came across this little e-supplement. While it enhances a full-fledged supplement which costs money, I feel that this could be another useful source of inspiration for airships.