Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Converting Pathfinder modules to FFD20
I do have to disagree somewhat with Tim on the thing about converting monsters; the upper-level PF monsters, if you let them keep their normal spells and such, can be absolutely devastating in comparison to FFd20's stuff; even a party of decently-optimized, 17th-level FFd20 characters would get curbstomped by a balor that was played smart; implosion is an incredibly harsh deathblow, and combined with their flight and such, they can just cast it, fly off, and there's nothing you can do about it as your party members die one by one (almost irrevocably so, unless you can get something that doesn't need their body to bring them back, such as true resurrection). PF dragons are even worse; the thing to remember about them as a GM and fear about them as a player is not that they are massive engines of death and destruction, but that they are 19th-level Sorcerers who happen to also be massive engines of death and destruction. Dragons have spells, almost as many as the party's 20th-level Sorcerer, so use them. They can even take metamagic feats, if you so desire, to make them even scarier.

HOWEVER!

Fortheseen has worked very hard to make an extensive bestiary for FFd20, and so a lot of what would need to be changed from vanilla PF is perfectly doable. I've done some of my own monsters as well, which could serve as replacements for, say, certain kinds of fiendish Outsiders.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Converting Pathfinder modules to FFD20 - by Manly Man - 10-17-2017, 08:26 PM