Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Request: Holy Knight and Dark Knight revisions
Hi there,

First I would like to say this is an excellent conversion, and rather obviously a labor of love with a lot of thought and time having gone into it.

I have one request however, and that is to remake the Holy Knight and Dark Knight classes the way they were in Final Fantasy Tactics (and the excellent PSP revision, War of the Lions). I have always wanted to play a Holy Knight and a Dark Knight in a tabletop game, and this appears to be the way to do it.

However, currently the classes appear to be a mix between Paladin/Blackguard from Final Fantasy's and D&D with smatterings of FF:Tactics Holy Knight/Dark Knight. Here is my humble suggestion:

Holy Knight:

Remove all the Paladin abilities, like auras, white mage spell casting, smites, etc. Put all of those into a new class called Paladin, which would be based on the Final Fantasy Paladins. Then, merge the Divine Knight PRC with the abilities remaining in the Holy Knight base class, and voila, you basically have the class of Agrias Oaks and Delita that so many ppl fell in love with. All we really need from the Holy Knight in terms of class abilities is the Holy Sword abilities, which are listed as Sword Techs in the Divine Knight class. Plus, the current Holy Knight base class has a couple of Holy Sword abilities built in as well (Lightning Stab for instance)

Dark Knight

Do the same as above: Shift all non Dark Knight abilities into a new base class called Blackguard. Then merge the Fell Knight PRC into the Dark Knight, to get the classic FF:Tactics class Gafgarion had and which you could select in FF:Tactics War of the Lions.

Note, I could ofcourse personally do the same, but thing is people who run FF games using your ruleset consider it 'official', no one would allow me to play a game using my own tinkered classes using these rules. If you made these changes part of your official ruleset however, all GMs would allow them in their games.

Please do take my request into consideration.

Thanks! Smile