Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiclassing
Not something that has necessarily been addressed, but if I had to make some assumptions... since MP pools, meaning you can use White Mage MP to cast Holy Knight Spells, we can't really use the method of just tracking them differently...

But a Wizard/Cleric in DnD gets bonus spells from both Int and Wis, so I can't see why this would not be the case for a multiclassed caster in FFd20.

Just remember to use your class level in each class on the bonus MP table, rather than full character level.

Now, if it WAS meant to be limited to one casting stat, using your total character level, then I'd say it uses whichever casting mod is for your Primary Casting class, not necessarily the one you took first, the one you have the most caster levels in. Holy Knight is class level -3 for casting, so in the above build it would be CL 2 for Holy Knight, CL 3 for White Mage, so you use White Mage level 8 to determine bonus MP.

So two options... I'd say go with the first one, DnD and Pathfinder may not normally allow you to swap spell slots but the freedom to do so between two classes in FFd20 isn't going to break any games. The casting here is much more simplistic, not gonna find any Druidzillas or Wizard Godlings, here magic just deals damage, heals people, buffs, and debuffs... some minor crowd control but nothing world shattering.

Messages In This Thread
Multiclassing - by paroikos - 10-27-2015, 01:38 PM
RE: Multiclassing - by NeloAngelo - 10-27-2015, 02:37 PM
RE: Multiclassing - by paroikos - 10-27-2015, 03:25 PM
RE: Multiclassing - by silverwerret - 10-27-2015, 06:21 PM
RE: Multiclassing - by dairius_chi - 10-28-2015, 12:34 AM
RE: Multiclassing - by Viladin - 10-28-2015, 08:15 AM