Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSW-Gaia: The Planet in Crisis (FFVII)
So after a long hiatus and partially prompted by FFVII Machinabridged Season 2. I've decided to come back here and post the notes I had for some of the other Sectors and the roles they play in the setting. Naturally, since I know jack about urban planning and development, it's probably a poor idea of how a city should be plotted out but I thought that each sector would comprise the lion's share of a different aspect to the city. Like Sector 5 would be the location of warehouses and manufacturing, Sector 7 would be low income housing,

Sector 7
Largely a residential district for lower income employees.

Places of Note

Little Wutai

Choco Market

Conditions: Roads and walks are in slight disrepair due to neglect. DC checks for Acrobatics and Drive are increased by 2.

Sector 7 Slums
The land under Sector 7 is the location of the western ground level train station. This makes Sector 7 Slums somewhat busier than most. Though down trodden, the people living there find solace in the local bar: 7th Heaven.

Places of Note

7th Heaven

West Ground Level Train Station –

Train Graveyard

Sector 6
At one point, Sector 6 was West Midgar’s bustling mercantile district. However, a disaster resulted in the destruction of most of the Sector 6 Plate. Only a few factories, residential apartments, and warehouses are left.

Knowledge (history) DC 10 The incident that totaled the Sector 6 Plate occurred 7 years ago. DC 15 Official sources claimed it was a natural disaster. Survivors only recall being evacuated by SSF and city relief teams. DC 20 Plans exist to restore Sector 6, but budget cuts to Urban Planning Department have delayed these efforts. Only the reactor received any restoration. DC 25 Rumor has it that the incident is related to the Mass SOLDIER desertion incident.

Sector 6 Slums
The ground level of Sector 6 is the center of “nightlife” for slummers. The aptly named Wall Market is a bustling cluster business. Unfortunately, this economic prosperity is due to the cimelord activities of Don Corneo’s syndicate. The lecherous mobster makes his home in a mansion adjacent to the shopping center. His wealth is accumulated from drugs, gambling and prostitution.

Places of Note

Wall Market

Honey Bee Inn 

Corneo Hall 

Sector 5
Manufacturing and warehouse district.

Sector 4
Initially, this Sector was going to be the a lower income residential district, however Arnold Shinra scrapped these plans in favor of military garrisons, barracks, weapon testing facilities.

Sector 3

Places of Note

Garuda Aerodrome

Sector 2
Center of higher learning and technical development(?)

Places of Note

The Dreyfus Academy of Higher Learning - tuition goes as high as 7 million Gil a semester without proper sponsorship.

Sector 1
Sector 1 is the location of high class residents and commerce...basically the Wall Street of Midgar

Places of Note

North Edge Station

Hilda Square

This needs some polishing and some input from anyone who knows city planning would be appreciated.

I've also come up with some notes about Dreyfus Shinra's original plans.
- He originally envisioned it to be a utopia inspired by the tales of circular cities of the Ancients. Automation would free the residents of back breaking labor and allow them to pursue careers as scientists, artists, and engineers. It would be an egalitarian society under the supervision of an enlightened council
- He never intended the company to have a standing army. The only part of the city designed with the military in mind would be the Wall. It was Arnold Shinra and Heidegger who added the barracks and missile platforms to the design.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CSW-Gaia: The Planet in Crisis (FFVII) - by RedDingo777 - 12-01-2017, 01:16 PM