Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technomancer Gadgets
Idk, I think this class (at least to me) appears to be a new approach to the cheap class.

Like a Monk. Monk's have no real need to invest their cash into armor and weapons, which tend to be the more expensive items of Martial classes, and there is not Spell resource (scroll learning) to pay for/update like there is for the Spellcaster classes.

Here you have a character that can create/build extremely powerful weapons/armor/gadgets/etc. and have them ready for use, but ONLY he can use them. So you are still reducing the cost associated with THIS character- Fighter still gotta get his own weapons, Mage gotta get her own scrolls.

The class seems to depend on being able to have all of these things available at once and then using action economy to whittle down the options. Which sorta incorporates the Wizard aspect into the Technology theme: I have a trick for everything, it took me time to get it ready, but now behold the AWESOMENESS OF MY SCIENCE!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I haven't played a Technomancer. I like the idea and reading through it was confused how mechanically the Staff aspect worked since... it would seem that in order to make ANY staff you are investing basically ALL of your invent points which would mean that you have NO constructs, armor, busters or additional gadgets if those points are kept hostage for 10 charges.

The line under Invent that says "These points are not spent when creating inventions, but are a limit to the level of complexity of any one invention. A technomancer may not build an invention that uses more invention points than the technomancer has." At least to me says that this guy pretty much ALWAYS has the best stuff. Since there isn't much in the way of class abilities outside of his stuff I would think that he is expected to be maximizing the potential of his stuff.

I just read something a little surprising though. Technomancer qualifies for Scribe Scroll and knows EVERY spell there is... She can basically fund the Magic Learning of the party casters... This class gets CRAZY cool.

Messages In This Thread
Technomancer Gadgets - by What's in the box? - 09-22-2015, 10:23 AM
RE: Technomancer Gadgets - by NeloAngelo - 09-22-2015, 04:27 PM
RE: Technomancer Gadgets - by What's in the box? - 09-23-2015, 08:26 AM
RE: Technomancer Gadgets - by dairius_chi - 09-24-2015, 04:30 AM
RE: Technomancer Gadgets - by What's in the box? - 09-24-2015, 08:14 AM
RE: Technomancer Gadgets - by Archmagel - 09-24-2015, 11:39 AM
RE: Technomancer Gadgets - by dairius_chi - 09-24-2015, 06:19 PM
RE: Technomancer Gadgets - by What's in the box? - 09-25-2015, 09:21 AM
RE: Technomancer Gadgets - by dairius_chi - 09-26-2015, 01:07 AM
RE: Technomancer Gadgets - by What's in the box? - 09-28-2015, 08:47 AM
RE: Technomancer Gadgets - by dairius_chi - 09-28-2015, 03:28 PM