Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much do you know about magic?
Something like Blood Biography is a non-core, and very situation spell (as you noted), as such I'd say a Spellcraft or Know: Arcana spell could be used to *remember* such a spell existed.

At the same time, as a Bounty Hunter I'm sure such a spell/scroll could come in handy for some of your jobs, so if a check was required maybe you'd have a bonus to it, or if you weren't so knowledgeable on such magic could confer a circumstance bonus on the Mage to *remember* that such a spell exists.

The thin line between OOC and IC is sometimes hard to judge, a lot of stuff can easily be considered common knowledge such as a Fireball Spell or the more iconic ones, but something like Blood Biography, or Blood Money, or any of that stuff might be a bit harder... if nothing else, cause doing weird crap with blood could be frowned upon by non-magiccy types and it might not be a spell that gets toted around a lot.

"And then I destroyed the wall AND all the Undead with a well-placed Fireball!" Is more likely to be retold than "So I was messing around with this blood on the ground, and then I knew stuff about it."

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much do you know about magic? - by dairius_chi - 09-22-2015, 03:55 AM