Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rest/MP/and the almighty Tent/Cottage Items
This is just a creation thread (I didn't see one out there so I figured- I CAN DO THIS!) for two specific FF items that I did not see made. They are pretty iconic Smile

Tent
Cost: 150 gil
Weight: 15 lbs
Description: This tent is made from delicate silken fabric decorated in strange runes and smelling vaguely of incense and can accommodate 4 medium sized creatures in a cramped if adequate fit. Anyone resting within this tent naturally restores 2HP per character level and 2 Ability Points. Anyone with a MP pool who rests within this tent for at least 8 hours before meditation multiplies the bonus MP they would restore their character level and casting modifier multiplied by two restored.

After being used once the mystical properties imbued within the tent fade away. It will service as a standard tend but without the magical properties reinforcing it the tent poles and canvas reduce to a Hardness of 0 and have half the normal hit points.

Cottage
Cost: 500 gil
Weight: 25 lbs.
Description: This collapsible case can be assembled into a small sleeping cabin in the same amount of time it would take someone to set up a tent. Chimes and arcane runes are scribed within the interior of the hut which smells reminiscent of olives and myrrh. This cottage can sleep four medium sized creatures in a cramped but adequate fashion. Resting within the cottage naturally restores 4HP per character level and 4 ability points. Anyone with a MP pool who rests within this tent for at least 8 hours before meditation multiplies the bonus MP they would restore their character level and casting modifier multiplied by four restored.

After being used once the mystical properties imbued within the cottage fade away. After 10 hours the cottage begins to lose integrity and crumble away into a pile of wood pulp.

CAVEAT: These items must be used outdoors with a clear conduit to the sky (no dungeons or inside inns, etc.). Alternatively there are mystical points where the journey is able to be kept SAVED from the gods- lol.
I like this. I got nothing els to say. I just like it. Gj
I like it. I will steal it!
Awww... thanks guys Smile and you know they could be modified in price to accommodate a larger party. They are roughly "custom" items to begin with so maybe your party has a giant or is mostly moogles or something.

Maybe like a 25% discount if it is made for smaller folk (meaning 4 small sized creatures) and 25% increase to price for larger accomodations (an additional medium person would be a 25% increase and a large creature would be a 50% increase and something that would accommodate 5 medium creatures and the summoners large Bahamut would be 75% more expensive).

I wouldn't make it too expensive. Simply because a merchant wouldn't be able to offload a high priced 1 time use item the only saves time. Phoenix Down actually REVERSES death so I think a long winded healing item should just be conservatively priced.

But maybe I am wrong. What prices would you suggest?

I am SO happy you guys like it though Smile Perked up my morning!
Also:

Sleeping Bag
Cost: 50 gil
Weight: 5lbs
Description: This sleeping bag is made from delicate silken fabric decorated in strange runes and smelling vaguely of incense and can accommodate 1 medium sized creature. Anyone resting within this snuggly warm bedroll naturally restores 2HP per character level and 2 Ability Points. Anyone with a MP pool who rests within this tent for at least 8 hours before meditation multiplies the bonus MP they would restore their character level and casting modifier multiplied by two restored.

After being used once the mystical properties imbued within the bag fade away. It will service as a standard bedroll but without the magical properties reinforcing the stitching and material reducing it to a Hardness of 0 and have half the normal hit points.