Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some questions, gonna update here and there as I go
Thought:

concerning explosive missle discovery
at lv 4 with a feat at lv 5, i could get both the ability to shoot a bomb, and to use alchemical bullets. without having to wait till lv 8.

Considering grenade gun exists. I'm guessing this is an oversite, and someone may want to include a wording on the alchemical bullet ability to prevent it.
As currently it would allow you to get it 3-4 lvels earlier (depending on actual character level). I think you could actually use an alchemical item infused (via alchemy bullet) bullet in the explosive missle discovery shot. and have bomb and alchemical item on it. Though it costs you quite a bit of resources in ability and money. so maybe it isn't a terribly big issue.

As near as I can tell there isn't an effect grenade gun does that explosive missle doesnt.
Alchemical bullet doesn't prevent the AOE effects of alchemical items, it only restricts splash weapons, which only come from bombs.
In fact. Explosive missle states it still acts ias if it was thrown.. so it allows some small corner case benefits I think

=====
technomancer+chemist actually doesn't llook like a bad combo so far...
9 chemist... aslong as you don't need DC for the chemist bomb's (originally i was considering it due to status effect shots), and if you don't want to pop out free tier 2 via alchemical mixture.
technomancer saysi t's level counts for caster levels for creation. so as long as tge gm doesn't object to the wording. you lose no crafting levels for alchmical items.
So, you get all you need from the chemist class for alchemical items.
Then 11technomancer, and you can make a decent enough buster.
(or busters) and some other items
Just everything will cost gil for sure, as you lost the free higher level amchimcal mixture stuff...
but you can get some goodness. Like bomb or alchemical item(or both if the above is valid for gm)+buster stuff+the chemical reaction bombs if you get the right mech genius thing.
also weirdness.. like the line effect busters using bullets but being a line.

-------
" These points are not spent when creating inventions, but are a limit to the level of complexity of any one invention."
Is "invention" the categories? (suit, buster, gadget)
or is it invention as in a singlular buster, amount as many busters as you want to pay for?

Messages In This Thread
RE: some questions, gonna update here and there as I go - by Zwordsman - 05-20-2015, 02:01 AM