Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some questions, gonna update here and there as I go
-Mix: I think the intention was using similar items, like using two Potions to make a Hi-Potion, or something similar. Two Status healing items to make a Remedy. Yes, it saves a lot of Gil and only one class is capable of doing it, no, you cannot combine temporary items from their Alchemical Mixture ability to fuel this, and IF your GM allowed it the new item would only last the 1 round/level that Alchemical Mixture does normally.

-Correct, if you had a gun that dealt Nonlethal Damage and loaded it up with a couple healing items, as long as the Nonlethal damage didn't overpower the healing, it's basically just a healing shot (since Healing covers an equal amount of Lethal and Nonlethal damage at once). No, you cannot load a Bomb up with another Alchemical item.

If you were just using Bombs, I'd say that the Explosive Missile Discovery is the more efficient item, since Alchemical Bullet loses you the Int mod to damage conferred by Throw Anything.

-Alchemical Bullet/Grenade Gun: Yes, for standard Alchemical items you can make the bullet ahead of time and load it, the benefit is unlike a Bomb it lasts more than a round so you could have an entire 'clip' of Fire, Acid, Cold, or whatever else bullets. If using Alchemical Mixture though, the bullet would only retain the benefits for 1 round/level as normal on the temporary creations.

-Just a thought, it would lead to some reduced progression but you can try Multiclassing Technomancer and Chemist. Have a slightly less powerful Buster, but still better than most standard guns you'd get your hands on, and load specially modified rounds into it.

That's just if you wanted to try and find a way to do both.

Messages In This Thread
RE: some questions, gonna update here and there as I go - by dairius_chi - 05-19-2015, 07:54 PM