Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An ability that I can't get out of my head!
If memory serves there was a special weapon property in 3.5 that acted like Spell-Storing, except it only stored Dispel Magic... or turned any spell stored INTO Dispel Magic? I forget exactly... but it allowed you to Dispel as an immediate action, I am pretty sure.

That was a +1 Weapon Property I wanna say, might have been from the Magic Item Compendium, but using that as a basis...

a +3 Weapon Property that let someone store either a set amount of MP, or maybe a progressive amount based on their level (2+1/2 level so it caps out at 12?) which can be used for Immediate Dispel attempts (costing 3 MP from the weapon each time), when successful the user can add the MP of the dispelled effect to their own pool, or to the weapon(maybe only half the amount to the weapon?).

I feel like it's a little unbalanced on the powerful side, but if it's for an NPC giving them unique weapon properties that are pretty good isn't unheard of. Granted, this doesn't necessarily cater to it being a skill of the person...

So failing that possibly a unique Feat, or Metamagic Feat? It'd be weird as Metamagic since it'd only work on Dispel but... eh? If it was a Feat I'd probably say giving it uses of 1+1/4 CL could work to limit how many times you can do an Immediate Action Dispel(with the MP drain effect).

Messages In This Thread
RE: An ability that I can't get out of my head! - by dairius_chi - 04-15-2015, 01:11 AM