Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twincast
I was trying to develop a system for the Palom/Porom twincasting ability.

I think I am on the right track with this, I know some of the numbers seem pretty extreme (and the highest ability- Ragnarok- was called Ultima in the FF game, but that is already a black mage spell so I shifted it around a little) but there are several restrictions at play that... Idk, it seemed like SUCH a longshot for it to happen why not make it a big deal when it does?

I am usually wrong about that though. Let me know if the attachment doesn't open or if something else would be better. Also criticism (constructive or otherwise) can only serve to make it better.

Attached Files
.docx   twincast.docx (Size: 17.03 KB / Downloads: 17)
Also, I didn't proof read it... so there are bound to be some SERIOUSLY confusing/incorrect grammatical statements. I apologize.
Too tired to read this at the moment but downloaded and intending to read it alter.
Lol, Later is good, alter is cool, an altar would be too much praise so I am glad that one didn't come up yet. P&P were the highlight of their respective FF games for me... I was SO upset when they statued themselves Sad
I see that Faith and Bravery are also spells currently in the game... So I am open to suggestions for how to re-name them Smile
Maybe an idea would be a variant where you can mix and match spells...or use the same spell on both sides to cast a stronger version. Another way would be to maybe allow spellcasting abilities to be mixed...such as black or white mage or maybe even the scholar. Something to notate the whole twin mentality and support.
I started developing a similar system but with multiple full caster spell lists it seemed to favor white/black (which makes sense given the origin) and it left the other casting classes VERY limited (Blue, Time, Summon, Geo, Illusion, Necro, etc.)

and

I didn't want the possibility of a single person doing Twin magic on their own. Which can happen if you are just pulling multiple spell effects (it would be tricky and Time Magic/Metamagic would likely factor in).
Once again for the single player doing that...maybe use the scholar for that...since they inherently use both black and white magic usually at the same time depending on how you build.
There should be no single player using Twincasting. It should not be possible. The concept is two mages uniting magic together. Twincasting solo would be a bad thing.
Sorry, read it wrong, thought you said that you did want the possibility, was tired when I read that...apologies