Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character Exposition
A Male Mithra raised by humans, a Scholar, and somewhat of a rogue, Logan Grayborn is an odd mix. (Was part of the Children campaign, so cut possible spoilers. And I am so sorry. I didn't think it was this long! )

His family (as he came to know them) found him next to a dying chocobo and the rest of the caravan slaughtered and robbed on it's way to Kazahm with one of the few Male Mithra to guard. The family adopted the kitten boy as their own, raising him alongside their own. Often the family made him wear bows, dresses, and such to hide his identity for fear they would try to take him away.

His (new) father was a Ruby Magister in a small kingdom. It was more of an advisory role, giving their liege advice on the general state of affairs, improving their kingdom, and, most importantly, strategic plans when needed. His father was a well known, and respected man. He always stood with the common folk, not seeing himself as "superior" and raised his children to the same, as they played with both noble and "low born". To him, the word "Noble" did not mean what it did to many. He though of it as striving to do doing good for people, no matter their position, and no matter the cost.

All was well as Logan was raised. He was slowly taught to hide his appearance (tail, ears, and mannerisms) as he got older and it became harder to pass him off as a girl. His father taught him combat and magic (as he was older than the father's other children), through his natural innate magic and his gunblade that he had been in their family for some generations. His mother (a lady of court) taught him and his siblings the fine arts of speaking and manners. Slowly, though, the kingdom was starting to sink into unrest as their liege's greed grew.

One dark day was all it took for it all to fall apart in front of the boy. Their liege had ordered a mass execution. The victims were those who protested the liege's new ways, peacefully.

The boy's father heard of this and decided to confront his liege. He donned his armor and grabbed his gunblade as his family watched him storm out with rage, determination, and the horror of what had happened on his mind. Logan followed him, trying his best to keep up. He marched up to the king in his throne, not even noticing that a High Judge (no name, no Children spoils) was present, drawing his weapon and asking the king,
"What kind of cowardous monster would kill his own people for expressing the truth about their King's descent to greed?"
The King, infuriated, demanded his head. The High Judge stepped forward and said,
"Not under my watch. We Judges are the law of the land, and I say he proves his word and defends his honor of drawing a weapon on his liege...through trial by combat. Meet here again tomorrow, and we shall carry out your trial."

And, with that, the boy and his father left.

The father explained to his wife what was to become of him, knowing that there was no way he could defeat the Judge, hearing how they have rarely been defeated, and even those are more than likely just rumors. He then tells her something that she never wanted to hear him say.

"Logan comes with me. He must know what it is that I stand for"

The mother starts to protest, but knows his mind is set.

They prepare to travel back to the throne room, where the trial is to take place. People have gathered to wish him luck and protest the king (and the Judge's) actions. They arrive at the throne room, minus the marble statues, grand chandelier, and other breakables. The king with the rest of his court, and the Judge, adorned, still, in the armor of the law of the lands, the true rulers.

"Before we begin, I ask but one thing of you. See my son safely home with my weapon, should I perish"

The Judge nods, giving his solemn vow, and the trial proceeds. They both fight at their full strength, but the boy's father didn't quite feel right. The battle waged, but the father felt weaker and weaker as it went. He found out was wrong...right as the Judge plunged his sword through him.

"Heh...the man you protect was afraid I would best you," he said with a grim smile as the blood started to rise into his mouth, "because he had his mages lay an Anti-Magic field, inhibiting me from being my best. Now, keep your word and take my boy now"

He hands the Judge his weapon and a crystal. The judges hands them to the boy, who is refusing to go and cries for help for his father. The Judge tells him that crushing the crystal will heal his father. The King tells his men to catch the boy, as he is the son of a traitor, but the Judge stops them and tells the King he has broken the laws of trial and will pay the price.

That is the last thing the boy hears before being in front of his house, instantaneously, the weapon of his father, glowing its name upon the blade, "Vanguard". Upon seeing the blade and his home, he decided he can't live there anymore. He took his new gunblade and ran, despising "nobles" from that day forward.

He soon found himself in the (forced) employment of a noble (after sneaking his way into his home and finding his secret that made him want to sneak in anyways), seeking artifacts of great power, and receiving one himself, through mercy. He did his best to not cause harm to anyone that had not tried to harm the innocent...well...and wasn't trying to kill him, of course. He wasn't above lying, cheating, or stealing, but only if it didn't hurt the innocent, unless they happened to be nobles. He was never a friend to the gods either.

Logan's life was over on a great battle for Spira.

Messages In This Thread
Character Exposition - by TheFrozenMoogle - 03-20-2015, 06:00 PM
RE: Character Exposition - by Viladin - 03-20-2015, 10:11 PM
RE: Character Exposition - by darrel378 - 03-21-2015, 10:25 AM
RE: Character Exposition - by Viladin - 03-21-2015, 04:41 PM
RE: Character Exposition - by TheFrozenMoogle - 03-22-2015, 05:17 AM
RE: Character Exposition - by NeloAngelo - 03-23-2015, 12:12 AM
RE: Character Exposition - by TheFrozenMoogle - 03-23-2015, 06:22 PM
RE: Character Exposition - by Doc Korosu - 04-13-2015, 09:48 AM
RE: Character Exposition - by Archmagel - 04-22-2015, 07:26 PM
RE: Character Exposition - by What's in the box? - 08-22-2015, 10:13 AM
RE: Character Exposition - by Manly Man - 09-21-2015, 04:50 PM