Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Campaigns
My group is doing ok, outside the "usual rules and pathfinder headaches" (new to the system.) Things go nice and smooth, untilllllllllll they get to level 10s lol then I run into a rage *chuckle.* Otherwise the system is fine, I just think you need to work on "multiclass" balancing and, re-reading what you had posted. Some things are crystal clear and others are "huh."

I personally find blue mage / sapphire magister causing tons of personal migraines.

"Can my blue mage learn an ability from another blue mage."
"If my blue mage made a scroll and gave it to another blue mage would that blue mage learn the spell."
"If a blue mage gets hit by anouther blue mages ability, then uses their limit break does that mean they recieve a clone of the other blue mage.."

Then there is sapphire magister.... "I learn an ability learned from a piece of a monster, how does that piece of monster work..." (Ahem ruby weapon eye and so on which have lower level abilities)

How does one "study" a monster, is it one round, is it a period of study for 3 rounds , is it 1 round per hit die of the monster ? How would it apply with blue mage knowing the spell of a monster, I haven't met yet , does that mean I get to turn into that monster ?

I can maintain form indefinably, I wanna be a mephit and cause mass diggy diggy holeage"

Oh you have a mime, well cool beans, guess what, I'm a sapphire magister, oh yeah "copy ability, copy super-natural ability , copy - monster like ability, Well muahahha my mime just beat the ever living snot out of your saphire magister, I can turn into any bloomen creature in the monster bloody manual that falls into spell restriction while you have to study yours I don't have to, since I don't need a list.

Then theres.. pet balance issues:
Holy knight , chocobo knight, dragoon, beastmaster, mechanic , dark knight , mystic knight, white mage.

Oh I'm a blue mage and I'm a beast master, I am now a super human damn black bear with enough strength to literally tip over a bloomen train...

Oh I'm a chocobo knight with soldier.. Wait not only do I have a gold chocobo, but i have a bloody knight sword that has a 15 foot reach and is long enough to be considered a lance.... "yay and harrah" lol oh and I multiclass into redmage and get beast masters rage.... welllllllllll ain't that fun and exciting...

Then ontop of that lol, we get the "this rule isn't explained well in teh rule book" moments.
I get 10k gold in the shinra shop... (There aint no shinra shop in this world...) ummm well let me see.... I guess that means you can buy a crap ton of spell scrolls and master every bloody spell in your class and have more to spend. Lol... Dm's discression but, still... 10k is a bit much....

Airship combat... ? How does one do it ?
Prestige class: You must learn how to sail a ship and or own a airship worth such and such value... (Ummm ok ?)
Corsair: No dice rolls o-o ?
Summoner: Wait you mean I get to summon minions... and minions... and even more minions ?

Messages In This Thread
Campaigns - by chaoticangel97 - 10-24-2012, 11:05 AM
RE: Campaigns - by Viladin - 10-24-2012, 12:17 PM
RE: Campaigns - by chaoticangel97 - 10-24-2012, 12:23 PM
RE: Campaigns - by Viladin - 10-24-2012, 12:26 PM
RE: Campaigns - by chaoticangel97 - 10-24-2012, 12:29 PM
RE: Campaigns - by Nihilarian - 10-24-2012, 01:12 PM
RE: Campaigns - by ZeronosVega - 12-28-2012, 11:51 AM
RE: Campaigns - by Endwave - 03-08-2013, 03:47 PM
RE: Campaigns - by Zeth - 05-17-2013, 10:33 AM
RE: Campaigns - by Zeth - 06-26-2013, 08:51 AM
RE: Campaigns - by Zeth - 08-16-2013, 09:57 AM