• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fencer
Fencer
Hit Die: d8.
BAB: Medium.
Good Save: Reflex.
Bad Saves: Fortitude, Will.

Requirements
To qualify to become a fencer, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
Base Attack Bonus: +6.
Skills: Acrobatics 5 ranks, Perform 5 ranks.
Feats: Dodge, Weapon Finesse.

Class Skills
The fencer's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Acrobatics (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Perception (Wis), Perform (Cha), and Sense Motive (Wis).

Skill Ranks at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier.

[code]1: Natural Dodge, Precise Strike Limit Break
2: Lunge Technique
3: Featherblow, Mobility
4: Lunge Technique
5: Piercethrough
6: Lunge Technique
7: Elaborate Defense
8: Lunge Technique
9: Deflect Arrows, No Retreat
10: Lunge Technique, Nighthawk[/code]

Class Features

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: The fencer is proficient with all simple and martial weapons. Fencers are proficient with light armor but not with shields.

Limit Break (Su): At 1st level, the fencer receives the Limit Break (Hummingstrike)

Hummingstrike (Su): As a move action, the fencer makes an attack roll against all creatures within reach. Creatures that are hit by this attack take damage as normal and must make a Fortitude Save or be inflicted with the Blind, Immobilized and Sap status effects for a number of rounds equal to half the fencers class level (DC 10 + fencer level + Wisdom modifier).

Natural Dodge (Ex): When wearing light or no armor and not using a shield, a fencer adds 1 point of Wisdom bonus (if any) per fencer class level to her Dexterity bonus to modify Armor Class while wielding a melee weapon. If a fencer is caught flat-footed or otherwise denied her Dexterity bonus, she also loses this bonus.

Precise Strike (Ex): A fencer gains the ability to strike precisely with a light or one-handed piercing weapon, adding her fencer level to her damage roll. When making a precise strike, a fencer cannot attack with a weapon in her other hand or use a shield. A fencer's precise strike only works against living creatures with discernible anatomies. Any creature that is immune to critical hits is also immune to a precise strike, and any item or ability that protects a creature from critical hits also protects a creature from a precise strike.

Lunge Techniques

Checkmate (Ex): The fencer's poison becomes more potent. If the target fails it's save versus Swarmstrike, it's also inflicted with the Doom status, with a duration of 2d4 rounds. A creature can only be the target of one Doom effect from this ability at a time. Prerequisites: Fencer level 6th, Swarmstrike.

Keen Eye (Ex): When a fencer uses Shadowstick, it applies to every attack made during her turn. Prerequisites: Fencer level 6th, Shadowstick.

Manastrike (Ex): The fencer strikes at the miniscule pressure points that block the flow of Mana in mages. If the target fails it's save versus Shadowstick, the target also takes 1d4 points of MP damage per 2 fencer levels. Prerequisites: Fencer level 8th, Shadowstick.

Parry (Ex): The fencer learns to parry the attacks of other creatures, causing them to miss. Whenever the fencer takes a full attack action with a light or one-handed piercing weapon, she can elect not to take one of her attacks. At any time before her next turn, she can attempt to parry an attack against her or an adjacent ally as an immediate action. To parry the attack, the fencer makes an attack roll, using the same bonuses as the attack she chose to forego during her previous action. If her attack roll is greater than the roll of the attacking creature, the attack automatically misses. For each size category that the attacking creature is larger than the fencer, the fencer takes a –4 penalty on her attack roll. The fencer also takes a –4 penalty when attempting to parry an attack made against an adjacent ally. The fencer must declare the use of this ability after the attack is announced, but before the roll is made.

Riposte (Ex): The fencer can make an attack of opportunity against any creature whose attack she successfully parries, so long as the creature she is attacking is within reach. Prerequisites: Fencer level 6th, Parry.

Shadowstick (Ex): Once per round, the fencer can aim carefully. The next strike before the end of her turn deals damage as normal and inflicts the Slow status on the target for a number of rounds equal to half the fencer's class level. The target can make a Fortitude save to negate the Slow status (DC 10 + fencer level + Wisdom modifier). A creature can only be the target of one Slow effect from this ability at a time. Prerequisites: Fencer level 4th.

Stinger (Ex): Once per round, the fencer can poison her weapon as a swift action. The next strike before the end of her turn deals damage as normal and inflicts the Poison status on the target for a number of rounds equal to the fencer's class level. The target can make a Fortitude save to negate the poison status (DC 10 + fencer level + Wisdom modifier). A creature can only be the target of one Poison effect from this ability at a time.

Swallowtail (Ex): As a Standard Action, the fencer can make an attack roll against all foes within reach using her highest BAB. Prerequisites: Fencer level 8th.

Swarmstrike (Ex): When a fencer uses Stinger, it applies to every attack made during her turn. Prerequisites: Fencer level 4th, Stinger.

Featherblow (Ex): Because the fencer values successful hits over actual damage dealt, she can subtract damage from her chosen melee weapon's potential damage and add the same amount to her attack bonus. However, the weapon must do a minimum 1 point of damage. For example, the fencer who wields a rapier as her chosen weapon can subtract up to 5 points from the damage, since the rapier has a damage potential of 6 points, and add that to her attack bonus. If she were wielding a +3 rapier, she could subtract up to 8 points from damage, since the weapon has a damage potential of 9 points, and add that to her attack bonus. The fencer declares this power before rolling her attack, and the amount subtracted cannot exceed her base attack bonus.

Mobility (Ex): Starting at 3rd level, the fencer gains Mobility as a bonus feat when wearing light or no armor and not using a shield.

Piercethrough (Ex): The reach of a light or one-handed melee weapon in the hands of a 5th level or higher fencer is increased by 5 ft., but only on the fencer's turn.

Elaborate Defense (Ex): At 7th level and higher, if a fencer chooses to fight defensively or use total defense in melee combat, she gains an additional +1 dodge bonus to AC for every 3 levels of fencer she has attained.

Deflect Arrows: At 9th level, a fencer gains the benefit of the Deflect Arrows feat when using a light or one-handed piercing weapon. The fencer does not need a free hand to use this feat.

No Retreat (Ex): At 9th level, enemies adjacent to the fencer that take a withdraw action provoke an attack of opportunity from the fencer.

Nighthawk (Ex): The reach of a light or one-handed melee weapon in the hands of a 10th level or higher fencer is increased by an additional 5 ft., but only on the fencer's turn.
I like it, though, I would edit a little bit. Smile

Btw, damn you for making me want to finish this Necromancer. Think it has taken me a few hours just to flesh out the abilities.
(10-23-2012, 08:52 PM)Viladin Wrote: I like it, though, I would edit a little bit. Smile

Btw, damn you for making me want to finish this Necromancer. Think it has taken me a few hours just to flesh out the abilities.
Feel free to make suggestions, or to make it official (edited as you will).

Weren't you almost finished with the necromancer?
I thought I was. ;.; I am nearly finished now though. Finishing the necromancer's bone commander pet and its bone minions and I'll be done.
I'm interested in seeing your take on the necromancer.
The only thing its lacking is a variable amount of dark spells. I'm leaving it in atm, but I'm thinking of just removing spell-casting altogether and give the necromancer ways to spend MP.
What spells would the necromancer have? Assuming you don't make it a non-caster, obviously.
(10-23-2012, 11:18 PM)Nihilarian Wrote: What spells would the necromancer have? Assuming you don't make it a non-caster, obviously.

http://www.finalfantasyd20.com/ffd20/sum...-list.html

The shadow element list.
That certainly fits, though it seems a bit bare. Then again, Necromancers are only playable in FFV advance, and they only have 10 or so spells. I'll reserve judgement until I see the class.
Fixed up and edited.

http://finalfantasyd20.com/ffd20/Fencer.pdf
Neat. Didn't expect it to become official.
Gonna wait until I get spells done and maybe the Summoner fix before announcing it.
Made some minor changes. Class was already based off of the PF duelist, so not a lot of changes. Did scrap most of the ridiculous names I came up with, but kept the ridiculous names from the inspiration (FFTA's Fencer)