Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FFXI Artifact Armor Conversion
The idea of set bonuses did cross my mind. In FFXIV there wasn't set bonuses, so a person wouldn't use the AF gear forever, though some pieces would last longer. I wanted to stay more true to that feeling than going the World of Warcraft route. Which is also the reason I added the eligability for upgrades and why I made each piece fairly strong on its own.

What first comes to mind would just be for every piece beyond the initial two pieces, the weapon and armor would gain an additional +1 but would lose the option of being upgraded. So at three pieces the weapon and armor would become +3, and at four pieces +4 and all the pieces would create +5. This would put then right at the threshold, and with the bonuses slightly over, of an epic level item. Including the trinket would set them past it at +6, so depending on what level the DM decides to put these in it could become problematic. So maybe extend the requirement for bonuses one more set piece.

I also imagine the players not getting the option for the pieces until level 14+, forgot to mention that in my original post.

Thanks for the feedback!

Messages In This Thread
FFXI Artifact Armor Conversion - by Gizmo - 07-31-2014, 08:29 PM
RE: FFXI Artifact Armor Conversion - by Viladin - 07-31-2014, 09:31 PM
RE: FFXI Artifact Armor Conversion - by Gizmo - 08-01-2014, 05:32 AM
RE: FFXI Artifact Armor Conversion - by Gizmo - 08-05-2014, 04:14 AM